Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Movin' on up...

Movin' on up...

...to the East Side

I'll be moving from the West Side of Cincinnati (Westwood) to the East Side (Anderson) this Saturday. So, my question is, what is there to do and where are the good eats over on the other side of the Queen City?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Movin' on up...

Mt. Lookout has a few places.....including Zips of course. Terry's Turf Club is pretty good next to Lunken Airport. Beechmont Ave. has every chain you could imagine.

I'm not back as often as I'd like so I'm not too down with new places.

As for things to do, if you like to bet the ponies, River Downs is just down the road next to Coney Island and Riverbend. If you are into running and biking, there is a very long track around Lunken. Ault (Hyde Park) and Alms (Mt. Lookout) Parks are both pretty great.
    Last edited by Spazzrico; 10-27-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Its been awhile since I lived in Mt Lookout, but I'll echo Zips & Terry's, if you like a good burger, both are a must. There's a Dewey's in Oakley which is pretty good. Is Sushi Rey still in Mt Lookout? I'll always enjoyed their sushi. There used to be a thai place in Mt Lookout square, can't remember the name that was pretty good. There's a lot of solid joints in Hyde Park Square worth trying. I work in Milford, and its mostly Chain city east of Oakley/Hyde park, going out Beechmont or route 32. By Golly's in Milford has good burgers. I've only have Copper Blue a couple of times, mostly carryout for lunch, its OK, but perhaps worth checking out if you dine in, things don't often travel as well as they taste on sight. Parking lot is usually busy at lunch, so they must be doing something right.

Of Course the Precinct is on that side of town, near where Tusculom & Oakley meet on Route 50. Most costly than you typical joint, but still the best bang for the buck of any Steak House I've been in, ask for the fried corn, if they have it (I don't think its listed on the menu, so you'll have to ask either way). Allyn's cafe is down in that area as well, and is a must. A mix of cajun & mexican, very good, I believe they still have live music on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    ...to the East Side

I'll be moving from the West Side of Cincinnati (Westwood) to the East Side (Anderson) this Saturday. So, my question is, what is there to do and where are the good eats over on the other side of the Queen City?
    As a proud graduate of Anderson High School, I can assure you there is nothing to do in Anderson.

Moving on up...to the east side?
    You're itching for a fight, mister.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I hear they have this chili restaurant called Skyline.

I lived in Mt. Lookout for a number of years and I never really considered Anderson to be close. I echo the comments about the restaurants there though. Movin on up? Kinda sounds like your are slumming.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Movin on up? Kinda sounds like your are slumming.
    Nah, Westwood is slumming it. Shootings, rapes and robberies all the time, and that's just my complex. Not to mention 7 months with black mold in my apartment that the landlord won't take care of, the Health Department said I had to move.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

-The Insider-

East Side Reppin.

Slumming is Lower Price Hill.

I still have nightmares. I'm not kidding. still.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?