Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Erardi: Comparing La Russa, Sparky

Erardi: Comparing La Russa, Sparky

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Erardi: Comparing La Russa, Sparky

Thanks for posting this article Savafan.

John Erardi has long been one of my favorites.

Thanks! A good article. Sparky was the first MGR to use a bullpen to their full capability. LaRussa may have expanded its use but he wasn't the first to use it like most teams do today.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Thanks! A good article. Sparky was the first MGR to use a bullpen to their full capability. LaRussa may have expanded its use but he wasn't the first to use it like most teams do today.
    Interesting article. It seems that there are things that managers done in the past that seem to be forgotten but someone picks up later and is looked on as "innovative". I was listening to a local radio show and he was a fan of Earl Weaver growing up. He commented that it was really Earl Weaver, not Billy Beane, who kind of started the idea of getting a high OBP guy in front of the power hitters in the lineup. I still think LaRussa is one of the innovative managers in baseball but there will always be guys like Sparky Anderson and Earl Weaver who were ahead of their time but not recognized for it.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Turn Off Ads?