Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Birthdays- 10/30

Birthdays- 10/30

Today almost got away from me, but I still haven't missed a day....

Reds:

Laynce Nix (31) -Career OBP is .288. Just sayin'...

Mark Portugal(49) -Pitched for the Reds in 95-96, going 14-14. His glory year was '93 with Houston.

Joe Adcock - Came up with the Reds but couldn't budge Klu off of 1B and was eventually traded to Milwaukee in a rare 4-team swap (the Reds only got cash and Rocky Bridges out of the deal). One of two players on today's list to hit four homers in a game (Delahanty was the other).

Others:

Marco Scutaro (36) -Not much range left at his age, I would think.

Jim Ray Hart (70) -A fine hitter who once hit for the cycle, but a problematic fielder.

Jim Perry (76) -Not as celebrated as his brother Gaylord, but nearly as good. His son has been successful on the PGA tour.

Bill Terry -The last National Leaguer to hit .400.

Ed Delahanty -You probably know this story; was kicked off a train for being drunk and disorderly, then fell/jumped to his death off a railroad bridge.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Birthdays- 10/30

Boy, I sure was right about Scutaro, wasn't I? Pretty much washed up...

Bobby Bragan is best remembered as Hank Aaron's manager with the Braves. He even tried batting Hank leadoff for a while, figuring that the extra ABs would be worth it. He stuck around the game and even managed the Fort Worth team briefly at age 87, making him the oldest professional manager ever, edging out Connie Mack.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Turn Off Ads?