Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • RHP Brad Boxberger

18 22.50%
  • LHP Tony Cingrani

2 2.50%
  • UT Todd Frazier

3 3.75%
  • RHP Kyle Lotzkar

0 0%
  • OF Yorman Rodriguez

5 6.25%
  • OF Dave Sappelt

4 5.00%
  • 1B Neftali Soto

13 16.25%
  • RHP Robert Stephenson

23 28.75%
  • 2B Ron Torreyes

12 15.00%
  • other (please list below)

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

Hybrid View

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

#1 C Devin Mesoraco
    #2 1B/OF Yonder Alonso
    #3 C Yasmani Grandal
    #4 SS Billy Hamilton
    #5 SS Zack Cozart
    #6 RHP Dan Corcino

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

We're getting short on options for the next poll. Feel free to make suggestions for players you'd consider selecting soon. Otherwise, it'll be up to me, and it's very rare for anyone to trust my decision-making in regards to anything. Then again, it's not an important life decision, so maybe I can handle it.

Torreyes for now.

For later, might I suggest Didi Gregorius, J.C. Sulbaran and Tucker Barnhart?

I went for Box over Stephenson here because of his track record in the minor leagues. I think it's a close call between the two. IMO they should be picks 7 and 8 in some order.

For the next round, I'd suggest Juan Duran. Ryan Lamarre. David Vidal. Josh Smith. Devin Lohman (I know, not a RedsZone fave). Didi Gregorius. Brodie Green. Josh Fellhauer. Ryan Wright. Sean Buckley. Gabriel Rosa. Henry Rodriguez. And I agree, Sulbaran and Barnhart.
    Denis Phipps?
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-31-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Soto, I really hope we don't have a RP go this early with our farm system....
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    Soto, I really hope we don't have a RP go this early with our farm system....
    And I hope Soto doesn't go this early based on one year which can turn out to be an aberration. And even with that year, he's now a first baseman which requires a whole lot of offense to be an MLB regular.

It just depends on your vantage point.

I hope we just pick the best prospect. Who I think is Boxberger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    And I hope Soto doesn't go this early based on one year which can turn out to be an aberration. And even with that year, he's now a first baseman which requires a whole lot of offense to be an MLB regular.

One season?? He struggled a bit in the Florida state league which is known to suppress offense but other wise has been a solid bat who broke out on the potential we all saw from the beginning.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

And in the same breath you make an argument for Boxberger...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

I don't have Soto here... but how soon do we forget that Soto hit .340/.362/.558 as a 19 year old between Billings and Dayton? Yes, he hasn't come close to anything like that since, but he isn't a "one year" guy. He has always had the tools and has shown them before too.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I don't have Soto here... but how soon do we forget that Soto hit .340/.362/.558 as a 19 year old between Billings and Dayton? Yes, he hasn't come close to anything like that since, but he isn't a "one year" guy. He has always had the tools and has shown them before too.
    Nor should we forget Soto's .645 OPS in 2009 or his .778 in 2010. His career OPS is under .800.

The fact that he did well at age 19 isn't particularly important at this stage.

He needs to show up at AAA next year to get into the top ten IMO. I think some folks may be giving his 2011 season too much importance.
    Last edited by Kc61; 11-01-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Nor should we forget Soto's .645 OPS in 2009 or his .778 in 2010. His career OPS is under .800.

He needs to show up at AAA next year to get into the top ten IMO. I think some folks may be giving his 2011 season too much importance.
    His numbers are pretty similar to 2010, except for the power. That's been projected out of his game since day one, and after the wrist injury, 2011 seems like a pretty natural progression. There's still questions about his game, but I don't think regression is in order just because he improved.

I went with Stephenson here though. Can't overlook his potential much longer

I believe, and doug would know for sure, but didn't Soto, like Alonso have a hamate bone removed?
    Suck it up cupcake.

Nor should we forget Boxberger getting shelled in 2010... But you did.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Yorman. I like upside.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Yorman. I like upside.
    Same for me. I think we will be voting him for a while though.

Turn Off Ads?