Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And could this be the Reds next closer?

And could this be the Reds next closer?

24. FRANCISCO RODRIGUEZ, RHP
    K-Rod is the best of the available closers. Prediction: Cincinnati, three years, $38 million.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: And could this be the Reds next closer?

I can't imagine Cincinnati signing that deal, especially with WJ at the helm now. Starting pitching is the need and frankly a better bang for your buck.

ur speading 38 m on closer rotflmao

I still say the next closer should be Bronson
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    24. FRANCISCO RODRIGUEZ, RHP
    K-Rod is the best of the available closers. Prediction: Cincinnati, three years, $38 million.
    Would never happen.

According to who?

Why not just resign Cordero for that $? After all, they were glad to get out from that huge contract they signed a closer to. Whoever posted that is really not that smart.
    "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

I'm not a man of many words. Read my posts, and you'll see what I mean.

Some people are Optimists (They see the glass 1/2 full).
    Others are Pessimists (They see the glass 1/2 empty).
    Me, I'm a Realist. 1/2 empty IS 1/2 full.

I will give myself a Columbian necktie if this happens. I am not going to blow my wad on a guy that was a good closer but cant even take John Axefords job now. Why give a ton of money to a pitcher that pitches around 60 innings a season. Go cheap, or from within and spend that money elsewhere. Isn't this guy kind of a jerk anyway? I will PASS.

dont sign closers, grow them internally, copy what the cards do, signing closers is for suckers

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Reds GM Walt Jocketty told Fay that he remains hopeful that the team can reach a deal with Francisco Cordero. Jocketty nearly arrived at an agreement with the closer earlier this week, but the sides didn't agree to terms and the Reds declined their option on Cordero.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Reds GM Walt Jocketty told Fay that he remains hopeful that the team can reach a deal with Francisco Cordero. Jocketty nearly arrived at an agreement with the closer earlier this week
    Bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    but the sides didn't agree to terms and the Reds declined their option on Cordero.
    Good news.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Bad news.

Good news.
    not rly

If the Reds are going to spend that kind of money on a closer I would rather them spend it on Ryan Madison. Not a big fan of K-Rod. I think a better solution would be to sign Broxton to a 1 year contract (heavy on incentives) and let him bridge the gap to Boxberger.

not gonna happen the reds next closer will be someone in the orginization i have a feeling
    1. Masset
    2. Ondruseck
    3. Boxberger
    4. Bray
    5. Chapman
    6. Homeer Bailey (if he is yet again struck with injury)

ondrusek could not close a door

Massett has been the #1 candidate for awhile, and has nasty stuff but i'm just not sure he could do the job. It may just be a coincidence, but I think it seems like he has trouble in tight game situations. Chapman is reportedly moving to the rotation, so that is out. Bray was mainly used this year as a lefty/lefty matchup reliever, I don't see that changing, and Ondrusek was way better early on in the year than he was towards the end. Homer Bailey is a definite possibility if they move him out of the rotation, and I haven't seen Boxberger but have heard good things, I just don't know if they would bring someone up and immediately throw them into the closer role.

I don't think its a smart move to sign coco to an expensive contract with Votto and Phillips still needing to be signed.

Turn Off Ads?