Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Stove

Hot Stove

Did anyone listen to Hot Stove last night? Marty rudely cut off the last caller when the caller made some valid points of the difference between the Reds and Cardinals. The caller mentioned that the Reds would not be going anywhere unless they developed the attitude and confidence that the Cardinals have.

Marty then proceded to rudely cut the caller off and say "I tell ya where your goin, you're goin outta here." Then he ranted for about 5 minutes about how he couldn't stand to hear someone make such a statement.

I swear I used to really love listening to Marty but he has turned into the biggest hateful old prick that I have ever heard in broadcasting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hot Stove

Didn't listen to it, but that doesn't surprise me. I don't know why he would have such a problem with what that caller said though, he BLASTS the Reds on the air every game! He's harder on them than anyone! I don't enjoy listening to him anymore.

I heard it. I wonder which RedsZoner that was?lol Marty did say after the hangup, let's wait and see what moves the Reds make this offseaon before you criticize.

I can see those who thought it was rude, but agree with above ^, sure tired of hearing the same old thing over and over (I certainly get tired of it here)and want to focus on what to do for the future. Granted, what the caller was saying relates to that, but after a season like this the griping on top of losing gets old.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I can see those who thought it was rude, but agree with above ^, sure tired of hearing the same old thing over and over (I certainly get tired of it here)and want to focus on what to do for the future. Granted, what the caller was saying relates to that, but after a season like this the griping on top of losing gets old.
    You are right and I agree with what you are saying, but I think Reds fans are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Fast-forwarding to next year it will be 17 years since our last playoff WIN, 22 years since our last NL Pennant/World Title...Damnit I for one am tired of waiting, I want another World Title...for a franchise with the tradition that the Reds have 22 years is WAY too long go without a World Series appearance-and I would settle for just an NL Pennant, I'm glad the fans are calling out the organization and their remark "We're just not going to lose anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by brad1176 View Post
    Didn't listen to it, but that doesn't surprise me. I don't know why he would have such a problem with what that caller said though, he BLASTS the Reds on the air every game! He's harder on them than anyone! I don't enjoy listening to him anymore.
    Yep. Marty saying he is tired of hearing it is pretty hypocritical IMO. He rides certain players to death. Nobody can accuse Marty of being Stevie Sunshine on the air. Of course when Marty says those things he is "telling it like it is". But don't let a fan complain. Then people are tired of the whining.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    You are right and I agree with what you are saying, but I think Reds fans are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Fast-forwarding to next year it will be 17 years since our last playoff WIN, 22 years since our last NL Pennant/World Title...Damnit I for one am tired of waiting, I want another World Title...for a franchise with the tradition that the Reds have 22 years is WAY too long go without a World Series appearance-and I would settle for just an NL Pennant, I'm glad the fans are calling out the organization and their remark "We're just not going to lose anymore."
    All of us Reds fans are tired of not winning. The management put money out last offseason to keep our core together, the group that won the division in 2010. Sadly, the fans still didn't show up for games. We drew an average of just over 27k fans per home game last year, an increase of only 2k fans from 2010. We had the 20 game weekend season ticket package for 2011 and it was frustrating to see GABP half empty, as we drive 3.5 hours one way to a game. If the fans don't go to games and support the team, it's going to be hard for management to turn this franchise back into what it used to be.

All of us Reds fans are tired of not winning. The management put money out last offseason to keep our core together, the group that won the division in 2010. Sadly, the fans still didn't show up for games. We drew an average of just over 27k fans per home game last year, an increase of only 2k fans from 2010. We had the 20 game weekend season ticket package for 2011 and it was frustrating to see GABP half empty, as we drive 3.5 hours one way to a game. If the fans don't go to games and support the team, it's going to be hard for management to turn this franchise back into what it used to be.
    Typical excuse, its all the fans fault.

We went from the 20th highest payroll in 2010 to 19th in 2011 (per USA Today). And the only reason we went up is because TB dropped their payroll by roughly 30mil. The payroll went from about 71.76 mil to 75.95. Where's all that money that management spent?

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    We went from the 20th highest payroll in 2010 to 19th in 2011 (per USA Today). And the only reason we went up is because TB dropped their payroll by roughly 30mil. The payroll went from about 71.76 mil to 75.95. Where's all that money that management spent?

Come on now, you think Edgar Renteria and Fred Lewis played for free?

That is just nonsense that the Reds spent tons of money last off-season. It has been debunked on this board many times over. I can't believe people will still try to bring that up.

I agree, I think all of us and Marty are tired of being tired, and its wearing on us all in different ways. I say lets win the whole damn thing next year and not have to have these topics for awhile!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

True, we need more fans, but an increase is an increase-the team didnt do anyhting to get better and make sure increases kept on the rise. If we had been competetive this year, I am sure it would have continued to increase next year. Sort of a which came first, chicken or egg situation....
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Hmm, any chance the Reds could trade Marty? After all, we've already seen minor league players get moved as compensation for a manger (Ozzie Guillen) and General Manager (Theo Epstein). Why not try to move a broadcaster in a similar fashion?

And yes, I am just being facetious. . . . I'm well aware no one would actually take Marty at this point in his career.

Will, you just summed it up perfectly.

will never win with dusty and his "old school" approach

Turn Off Ads?