Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Multiple photo resizing

Multiple photo resizing

Is there a program out there (preferably free) that you can resize many photos at one time? When I download pictures on my computer from my camera they come in at right around 1 mg. I don't need them that big so I go into Paint and resize them to about a third of the size. It takes quite a while to do that to each one individually so I'm looking to try to reduce a lot at one time. I don't want to crop them just resizre them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Multiple photo resizing

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Is there a program out there (preferably free) that you can resize many photos at one time? When I download pictures on my computer from my camera they come in at right around 1 mg. I don't need them that big so I go into Paint and resize them to about a third of the size. It takes quite a while to do that to each one individually so I'm looking to try to reduce a lot at one time. I don't want to crop them just resizre them.
    There is a program that can do it. Unfortunately, I can't recall the name of it. Keep searching though, it is out there.

PS: As for paint..... gross.

Here are three links to sites that offer free software for image editing (resizing). I've not used any of these, but you might want to take a look at them ....

http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/04/...ge-resize.html

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

http://download.cnet.com/Free-Pictur...-10297789.html
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Pixresizer is the one I use. Very easy to use and free.

http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

If you have photoshop you can also automate it to do this. It's a bit complicated though. Google Automate and photoshop to give you the details.

High five!

I think Gimp has the ability to do this. It can even rename your photos so they go in:

Javy1.jpg
    Javy2.jpg
    Javy3.jpg

and come out:

Javy1_small.jpg
    Javy2_small.jpg
    Javy3_small.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I think Gimp has the ability to do this. It can even rename your photos so they go in:

Javy1.jpg
    Javy2.jpg
    Javy3.jpg

and come out:

Javy1_small.jpg
    Javy2_small.jpg
    Javy3_small.jpg

The Gimp?

I was wrong
    Chip is right