Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opening day lineup rotation and bullpen predictions

opening day lineup rotation and bullpen predictions

Opening Day line up and rotation
    With the current team the reds have right now not adding anyone what are some predictions for the opening day line up and rotation

Here's mine

1. Phillips 2B

2. Cozart SS

3. Votto 1B

4. Heisey LF

5. Bruce RF

6. Rolen 3B

7. Mesoraco C

8. Stubbs CF

Rotation

1. Cueto

2. Leake

3. Baliey

4. Chapman

5. Arroyo

Bullpen

swing man- Lecure

swing man- Volquez

swing man- Wood

LS- Bray

SU- Masset

SU- Ondruseck

SU- Arredondo

CL- Boxberger

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: opening day lineup rotation and bullpen predictions

I pretty much agree, although I do think Cordero will be back. Not saying that I want it to happen or don't want it to happen, but I do believe it will happen.

I agree with the lineup with the exception of Mesoraco, Hanigan will start. I don't see Box being there on Opening Day either, he may come up and get some work later in the season. If he is there on Opening Day, I can't imagine Dusty giving him the closer role as Dusty LOVES his veterans.

get rid of rolen

Looks like a pretty probable lineup, but I agree with the above poster that Cordero will (unfortunately) be back. Also, I see Alonso isn't in your starting lineup. Ideally, that would be because he was traded this off season for some kind of SP upgrade, but I can easily see the Reds doing nothing and leaving him on the bench to start the year.

1. I hate to agree with you but yeah i have a feeling coco will be back.
    2. I do agree that Dusty loves veterans but you can't shove Mesoraco aside. Mesocraco is probably going to be catching for Cueto who i don't think there will be any question, unless he gets hurt, will be the opening day starter thus Mesoraco catches.
    3. You are nuts, there is no one better that the reds currently have to replace Rolen. He is one of the few true leaders this team has.
    4. I just hope they have given up on Yonder in left. I watched him in wrigely and have seen him multiple times playing there in louisville, he looks like he is lost. He might be an athlete but he is much better suited for a team like tampa, who i would like to see him on and the reds get Helickson, who could put him at 1st or DH him. As for 3B i have him around 4th on the depth chart behind Rolen, Fransisco, and Frazier due to his lack of defense and lack of experince there in the the major and minor leagues.

no you are nuts francisco is a better hitter than rolen,

take rolen and place him in a hospital ward

he messes up the second half of 2010 and wasted the whole year in 2011, he is about asproductive now as brooks robinson would be, take your ten posts and go start a rolen fan club

There will be a turn around in the roster this coming year of one starting pitcher, a OF, and a bull pen guy. So there will be 3 new players on the roster next yr not on the roster right now.

Rolen is the most veteran presence on this team. I like fransisco's power but i don't think that his bat will acount for his defense or lack there of

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    Rolen is the most veteran presence on this team. I like fransisco's power but i don't think that his bat will acount for his defense or lack there of
    Rolen's veteran leadership has clearly been overstated. He showed no leadership during 2011 at all, either on the field or in the clubhouse. In truth, I think Orlando Cabrera was the source of the veteran leadership in 2010 - letting him go was a mistake.

This coming season, guys like Votto and Phillips need to be the veterans to lead this team. Let Rolen go.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

rolen should be released, he is fool's gold

If Chapman is in the opening day rotation the reds do not plan on being competitive next season

Allegedly, Dontrelle Willis is getting a lot of interest in the FA market. If he gets bid out of the Reds price range, perhaps that opens up a sport on the pitching staff for Boxberger after all.

Quote Originally Posted by LegallyMinded View Post
    Allegedly, Dontrelle Willis is getting a lot of interest in the FA market. If he gets bid out of the Reds price range, perhaps that opens up a sport on the pitching staff for Boxberger after all.
    I think boxberger is going to be on the staff no matter what but to all you haters rolen was hurt all year get someone else who can hit 4th and drop him down abit he will bounce back this year

Turn Off Ads?