Turn Off Ads?

Thread: WVU Basketball 2011-2012

WVU Basketball 2011-2012

Probably not the best way to start this thread, but a major shoutout to Northern Kentucky University. NKU won with a three pointer with 1.1 seconds and led by as many as 17 throughout.

I have family who graduated from NKU, so this is pretty nice.

As for WVU, going to be interesting in seeing how well they replace Mazzulla, Cam, Flowers, and Mitchell. Huggs has a nice recruiting class coming in and Jabarie Hinds is going to be crucial to the teams success this year, but I think its going to be a tough year for the Mountaineers if they don't get any production outside of KJ and Truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WVU Basketball 2011-2012

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Probably not the best way to start this thread, but a major shoutout to Northern Kentucky University. NKU won with a three pointer with 1.1 seconds and led by as many as 17 throughout.

I have family who graduated from NKU, so this is pretty nice.

As for WVU, going to be interesting in seeing how well they replace Mazzulla, Cam, Flowers, and Mitchell. Huggs has a nice recruiting class coming in and Jabarie Hinds is going to be crucial to the teams success this year, but I think its going to be a tough year for the Mountaineers if they don't get any production outside of KJ and Truck.
    It's a young team and I just hope that the Istan-bull was just held out cautiously cause of the knee and its not something that will linger. I have faith in Huggs, this team is pretty much starting over in terms of rotations. I think they will beat some teams they probably shouldn't and will probably lose some they shouldn't. Either way it's going to be fun.

ISTAN-BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I went to the WVU-Louisville game last year and I really came away unimpressed with Klicili. They called him the Turkish Kevin Love but he was by far and away the worst player on the court for either team. I could be wrong but I think one of the plays he fouled a Louisville shooter and it turned into a four point play.

As a UK fan, I am sticking to my prediction. WVU will make it as an 8-9 matchup in UK's bracket, likely with Butler as the 9 seed. Since the scheduling committee loves scheduling UK-WVU and giving us the worst possible draw imaginable, I'd say it works out.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I went to the WVU-Louisville game last year and I really came away unimpressed with Klicili. They called him the Turkish Kevin Love but he was by far and away the worst player on the court for either team. I could be wrong but I think one of the plays he fouled a Louisville shooter and it turned into a four point play.

As a UK fan, I am sticking to my prediction. WVU will make it as an 8-9 matchup in UK's bracket, likely with Butler as the 9 seed. Since the scheduling committee loves scheduling UK-WVU and giving us the worst possible draw imaginable, I'd say it works out.
    I've seen glances but he must learn to play the 5 in American style basketball consistently. He might be the only one that can give us that low block presence on the offensive end. The NCAA really screwed him when he was forced to miss 20 games his freshman year (not to mention the time in practices) because another player might/did get paid. *NOTE another player not him* NCAA at their fullest bull ****tyness.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Retired

Going to be a rough year for Huggs, WVU is young and the Big East is unforgiving. I am a UC fan, but still have to root for Huggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Going to be a rough year for Huggs, WVU is young and the Big East is unforgiving. I am a UC fan, but still have to root for Huggs.
    This years team reminds me of UK's in Gillispie's last year. Two star caliber players (Truck and KJ/Meeks and Patterson), and either a young or lousy supporting cast. Make no mistake, Huggins will get the most out of his players, but like most freshmen, it will be a year or two before you reap the rewards.

I think Gary Browne will be the one to watch. If he can fill Mazzulla's shoes WVU will make the tournament and probably do ok this season in the Big East. Unless Huggins becomes John Calipari in terms of developing freshmen, its going to be a long season.

Turn Off Ads?