Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Sea ray, do you have kids? Can you imagine your own child being raped in a shower, and all these people knowing about it and not anybody doing anything more than passing the buck?

Oh I told the athletic director...oh, terrific....nice work....

2. Turn Off Ads?

All we know is that Paterno went to the AD with what the grad assistant told him. We know nothing else because Paterno hasn't talked about it due to being silenced by Penn State. Yet posters continue to discuss this like they have inside information and know everything about the case.

Personally I believe Paterno made a huge mistake not going to the police directly. Schultz is not the PD no matter what some say. And as a college coach he should know better. However I would like to hear from Joe exactly what happened step by step. The Grand Jury report only showed so much I need the entire picture and I need it to come from him.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Define immediately.
    a day

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Sea ray, do you have kids? Can you imagine your own child being raped in a shower, and all these people knowing about it and not anybody doing anything more than passing the buck?

Oh I told the athletic director...oh, terrific....nice work....
    I sure do and if this were my kid I'd be as mad as hell at Penn State but not Paterno. Just to be accurate, include that he told more than the AD. The chief of Campus Police was also informed

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    a day
    So he felt a real sense of urgency by your definition?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I sure do and if this were my kid I'd be as mad as hell at Penn State but not Paterno. Just to be accurate, include that he told more than the AD. The chief of Campus Police was also informed
    Actually, Schultz's title was "senior vice president for finance and business." True, the campus police fell under his slice of the bureaucracy, but he was hardly chief of campus police or a law enforcement officer of any kind.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Schultz served as senior vice president for finance and business from 1995 until his retirement and led the division that includes the offices of Human Resources, Physical Plant, University Police, Investment Management, Auxiliary and Business Services, Corporate Controller, University Budget, Legal Services and Commonwealth Campus Business Operations.
    http://live.psu.edu/story/54324
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

You're being intentionally ignorant if you think that Paterno didnt know about Sandusky. They knew in 1998. That's why they forced him to retire. 2002 I doubt was much of a shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

What exacty did they know in 1998? Sandusky was accused of showering with boys after a workout. The DA refused to prosecute the case but never gave reasons as to why. I am sure the DA did not keep in touch with Paterno about his findings, all they had was rumor an innuendo.

Again not making excuses for Paterno but I think folks are jumping from A to D rather quickly based on what information is out there. We don't know everything about this case, good or bad, yet we rush to judge.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Actually, Schultz's title was "senior vice president for finance and business." True, the campus police fell under his slice of the bureaucracy, but he was hardly chief of campus police or a law enforcement officer of any kind.
    Then it falls on him to forward the investigation on to campus police. McCreary has been quoted under oath that he thought he was reporting it to campus police by going to Schultz

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    You're being intentionally ignorant if you think that Paterno didnt know about Sandusky. They knew in 1998. That's why they forced him to retire. 2002 I doubt was much of a shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are adding evidence that's not on the record to say that. I'm being much more fair to Paterno than you are

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Thanks for that info but I didn't learn anything new. What's your point in posting it?

You are adding evidence that's not on the record to say that. I'm being much more fair to Paterno than you are
    What's not on the record? You don't think its a reasonable inference that the 1998 incident that did not result in an indictment but did result in a mysterious firing to the heir apparent and wildly successful coach of "Linebacker U" isn't "on the record?" While that may not rise to the level of evidence in a court of law, I don't pretend that opinions expressed on a message board need to meet that criteria of evidence.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What's not on the record? You don't think its a reasonable inference that the 1998 incident that did not result in an indictment but did result in a mysterious firing to the heir apparent and wildly successful coach of "Linebacker U" isn't "on the record?" While that may not rise to the level of evidence in a court of law, I don't pretend that opinions expressed on a message board need to meet that criteria of evidence.
    As you state, it's an inference. I stick with facts

Joe Paterno has his side of this story to tell and he's anxious to tell it according to his son:

“He’s very anxious to get out there soon and start to tell his side of the story and start to express—get all the facts out. What that timetable is I don’t know exactly. But he definitely is chomping at the bit.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...#ixzz1iykimrwZ
    I don't know if he's going to live to tell it but if he does I hope you folks have an open mind to receive it

Turn Off Ads?