Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ Edmund Burke
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Paterno should be fired.

What he didn't do is inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I don't care what standard you use. Paterno failed that kid and many other children based on his inaction especially in light of his moral obligation and what I would hope any man would view as his moral obligation in such a situation.
    I agree with that. But just as it's easy to point out that Paterno didn't act as though it were his child, it's hard to truly put yourself in his shoes and have a friend be accused of such disgusting things.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Now they're saying over 20 victims have now contacted authorities and as many as 8 Penn State coaches may have known of these allegations...

Penn State trustees considering canceling remaining games? (rumor)

If at all possible, this just got weirder:

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=149...id=3029941&p=3

The prosecutor who decided to not pursue sex abuse charges against former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky more than a decade ago, despite an alleged confession, is at the center of a missing persons mystery that has enraptured middle Pennsylvania for years.

Ray Gricar served as the district attorney for Pennsylvania's Centre County in 1998 when Sandusky was accused of sexually abusing several boys. After an extensive investigation, which included testimony by two law enforcement officers that they had overheard Sandusky admitting to showering with multiple young boys, Gricar decided no criminal charges would be filed, according to recent court documents. Sandusky retired the next year.

Then, in April 2005, Gricar disappeared.

His car was found abandoned in a Lewisburg, Pa., parking lot and his laptop's harddrive was recovered from the nearby Susquehannna River, but there was no other trace of Gricar. No clues could be gleaned from the severely damaged harddrive and despite a six year investigation that involved the FBI and international help, police have as little an idea today about what happened to the former DA as they did then.

"We literally used every single resource, national and international," Bellefonte, Pa., police chief Shawn Weaver told ABC News today. "This is baffling. He literally just disappeared off the face of the earth."

In July this year, Gricar was officially declared dead, though Weaver said the investigation into his disappearance is ongoing and new leads continue to emerge.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Joe Paterno screwed up. Big time. But he's not a monster. We simply don't know all of the facts to speculate on so much of this. We don't know what he was told, we don't know what Curley told Paterno, etc. To assume anything is dangerous at this point.

As I said, EVERYONE should go at PSU. Including Joe Paterno. But that has less to do with Paterno being the devil, and more to do with that university needing a clean slate.

Joe should go.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Statement by The Pennsylvania State University Board of Trustees

http://live.psu.edu/story/56285

A special committee = swift and decisive action?

Disappointing.

Right now it's pretty obvious that Paterno is guilty of not doing enough. I'm willing to hold out any real harsh opinions on him until we hear from him what actually happened.

They're saying Penn State wants to hush his side of the story up because of the potential civil lawsuits they're going to be looking at, and how additional information out there is just going to cost them more money. Since they're going to cut ties with him anyway, JoePa should setup a press conference on his own and let everyone know what happened.

Reports coming in right now that students are rioting in support of Paterno. All available state troopers have been called in to the area.

How can PSU football survive this? What recruit would want to go there after this?

I'm not a parent, but I can't imagine there's many Moms and Dads that would like the idea of their kid going to play for that program right now.

Wow. All hell is breaking loose in Happy Valley. This football program may be on the verge of the death penalty, but in a completely different fashion than what the NCAA could ever drop on them.

Who on Earth would want to replace Paterno after this mess?

It's a little bit late, but the police have finally been called to Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Joe Paterno screwed up. Big time. But he's not a monster. We simply don't know all of the facts to speculate on so much of this. We don't know what he was told, we don't know what Curley told Paterno, etc. To assume anything is dangerous at this point.

As I said, EVERYONE should go at PSU. Including Joe Paterno. But that has less to do with Paterno being the devil, and more to do with that university needing a clean slate.
    If the story is true about what the GA told him in 2002 then he has no excuses, no rationalizing it away. He may not be a monster but he's morally corrupt and IMO despicable. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm sitting in judgement of him but there's no excuse for not making sure. This "what if it was one of your closest friends?" argument doesn't work. If it was my friend and I did nothing then shame on me.

If its true he doesn't deserve the opportunity to leave on his own terms.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?