Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Come on now.

All that I am saying is that we don't know everything that he said under oath. You have stated several times that you know his sworn statements and that they go against or leave out things he has said elsewhere. All that I am saying is that YOU DON'T KNOW THAT, because we don't know everything that he said under oath, we just know what he said under oath that was in the grand jury report, not everything that he said under oath while being interviewed/questioned in the grand jury proceedings.

That is all that I am saying. But if you want to cry uncle some more, I guess you can. It doesn't really further or add to anything though.
    Gosh, everyone take a breath.

Your addendum of "We don't have all the testimony" had absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making. Nothing.

He was making his case based on an e-mail, and an e-mail is not sworn testimony.

Adding on "But we don't know if there's more in the grand jury testimony" is a moot point, because the poster doesn't know that either.

He was like, "Wait! Wait! He said in an e-mail that he stopped it!" And I'm like, "Whoop dee doo, an e-mail isn't sworn testimony..."

End of point.

Yes, there could be more testimony, but that doesn't change the fact that the only time we've heard about this stopping of the incident is from an e-mail.

Woop. De. Doo.

No more from me on this point, I promise...

2. Turn Off Ads?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ding-son-scott

Paterno is being treated for lung cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ding-son-scott

Paterno is being treated for lung cancer.
    Pretty sad attempt to obtain sympathy by making this public now.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    So when should Paterno announce he has lung cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    So when should Paterno announce he has lung cancer?
    Why should he have to? I didn't announce to my elementary school when I had cancer at age 8.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I know you're upset with how he's handled the mess at Penn State but that's no reason to post what you did. It's not like he's been hiding this and now he's decided to release it. He was just diagnosed and he's reporting it promptly as he should. Is there anything wrong with that?

"Last weekend, my father was diagnosed with a treatable form of lung cancer during a follow-up visit for a bronchial illness," Scott Paterno said in the brief statement. The doctor's visit came the same weekend the school played its first game since the 1960s without Paterno leading the Nittany Lions — Penn State lost, 17-14 to Nebraska.

Why should he have to? I didn't announce to my elementary school when I had cancer at age 8.
    His every move is being followed. When they see him going in for treatment the rumors will fly. I think it's better for him to get out in front of the story now

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...medium=twitter

Penn State University received almost $250,000 for a series of sleepover camps in 2008 and 2009 run by the charity group founded by Jerry Sandusky — years after ex-athletic director Tim Curley imposed a ban on the accused child molester from entering the school's sports facilities and main campus.

Penn State deserves every bit of criticism they get for this scandal, but to call out Paterno for announcing he has cancer is just sad.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Penn State deserves every bit of criticism they get for this scandal, but to call out Paterno for announcing he has cancer is just sad.
    I'm sorry, I feel the timing seems like a sympathy grab. Besides, it's treatable lung cancer. It would be an entirely different thing if it was inoperable terminal brain cancer.

I'm sorry, I feel the timing seems like a sympathy grab. Besides, it's treatable lung cancer. It would be an entirely different thing if it was inoperable terminal brain cancer.
    At 84 years old how many people is there that even minor surgery or chemo is a HUGE risk for a person? I tend to agree that its better to get out in front before he starts treatments and lets the media run wild as to why he's going to a hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    At 84 years old how many people is there that even minor surgery or chemo is a HUGE risk for a person? I tend to agree that its better to get out in front before he starts treatments and lets the media run wild as to why he's going to a hospital.
    At any age, any surgery is a huge risk, even of the "minor" or outpatient variety.

Yeah I prefer a "Jobs"ian approach to public figures announcing they have cancer. . Seriously Sava, you don't want to walk your initial statement back a wee bit?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yeah I prefer a "Jobs"ian approach to public figures announcing they have cancer. . Seriously Sava, you don't want to walk your initial statement back a wee bit?
    As a three time cancer survivor, and a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, I'll stand by what I said.

I think that maybe the focus should shift back to the thread topic.

Turn Off Ads?