Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Thing is, I'm pretty sure we're going to have a pretty good understanding of what was and wasn't known in the near future. I'm sure former players will be interviewed and will be able to talk to whether or not it was a secret that Sandusky was a shady character or whether this comes as a complete shock to them.

There was a long interview that touched on this before the firing came down last night. She talked about how players had actively stopped going to Sanduskys golf fund raisers and just how much a lot of the higher up guys really knew. She does a great job of giving the context and culture that was prevalent at Penn State.

BobsBlitz.com ~ Kim Jones on Penn State's Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno Disgrace [Audio] - YouTube
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

2. Turn Off Ads?

Penn State ought to hire the PR firm that BP had during that big oil spill. Open the books completely and be completely transparent. Make sure the guilty are ferreted out and the the victims are tended to. Write a $100M check and say "OK, how can we use this to heal the wounds and make sure this doesn't happen again".

I don't think you can ever right these kinds of wrongs, but you can make a full and complete and earnest effort to atone. Because that's the only way Penn State is going to make it out of this dark tunnel.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Let's be honest here and admit that everyone involved at Penn State knew what was going on with Sandusky. If you think about it, you almost have to think that there was knowledge or at least suspicion around the rest of the NCAA as well. Sandusky retired in his mid 50's, correct? And he was never offered another coaching job by any school? People had to know, wouldn't you say?
    Didn't the interim head coach say today that he hadn't been aware of the allegations? Maybe he wasn't aware in 2002. I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Thing is, I'm pretty sure we're going to have a pretty good understanding of what was and wasn't known in the near future. I'm sure former players will be interviewed and will be able to talk to whether or not it was a secret that Sandusky was a shady character or whether this comes as a complete shock to them.
    From some of the interviews I've heard today it seems as if everyone around the community knew what he was. There was a dessert called "The Sandusky." It was an upside down ice cream cone with the two scoops on the bottom next to each other.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Why does mcQueary still have a job? He should have been bounced out of there just as fast as they did JoeP. and he's lucky I'm not his mother or wife, because I'd have him by the throat demanding to know why he was such a coward that he walked away from that little boy without stopping it then and there. Run home and talk to daddy about it. What a man, that one!

Is not reporting evidence of a child rape a crime? All I see are a couple of perjury charges and nothing against Paterno, the GA or his dad.

As I think of the "what would you do?" sympathetic responses, I come back to a compelling reason why they have reporting laws, so that people do not have to make a judgment call, the burden is not on them to decide if its wrong or "serious," but that they report to the proper authorities and let them investigate.

Listened to the Kim Jones interview, and just heard a sociological cult described. Closed societies almost never end well when law enforcement starts peeling back the veil. Sure does explain the students reaction. They are in a cult and really don't even realize it.
    Last edited by traderumor; 11-10-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    Is not reporting evidence of a child rape a crime? All I see are a couple of perjury charges and nothing against Paterno, the GA or his dad.
    If it's not, I'm pretty sure it will be soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    A lawyer takes a look at it...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...rno/index.html
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Another pure coincidence....McQuery was promoted in 2003. I guess we found out what is was worth to him to become unfireable at Penn State.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    There was a long interview that touched on this before the firing came down last night. She talked about how players had actively stopped going to Sanduskys golf fund raisers and just how much a lot of the higher up guys really knew. She does a great job of giving the context and culture that was prevalent at Penn State.

BobsBlitz.com ~ Kim Jones on Penn State's Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno Disgrace [Audio] - YouTube
    Fantastic interview. Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Another pure coincidence....McQuery was promoted in 2003. I guess we found out what is was worth to him to become unfireable at Penn State.
    Funny how that worked out.

The only possible reason I can think of that they haven't fired him yet is that unlike Joe who has plenty of cash to live on, this guy will never find another coaching job ever again.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post

The only possible reason I can think of that they haven't fired him yet is that unlike Joe who has plenty of cash to live on, this guy will never find another coaching job ever again.
    At this point in time, are we supposed to care about that?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    At this point in time, are we supposed to care about that?
    Of course not.
    Go Gators!

1982 Sports Illustrated article on Sandusky that is somewhat disturbing knowing what we now know:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...85/1/index.htm
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?