Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I grew up Catholic and as I mentioned before the 3 individuals I knew that were busted for child molestation were all involved with sports through the Catholic church. Razor Shines who I used to coach may remember the one individual and trust me, it was no secret he was messing around with and trying to mess around with several of the kids. The guy used to have sleep overs at his house and pay kids to take sleeping pills. I could go into more details of other things that happened but this is the most PG version I can give. The amazing thing is the pastor of our parish knew all about the allegations and there were many, but he choose to ignore them. The other 2 individuals who were also busted and did jail time were also hardly a suprise to anyone. The common response among the many around them was it was time they got caught.

Thats why I have little doubt Paterno didn't know about this stuff, he just choose to ignore it.
    Yes I know. He coached me in basketball and baseball my 7th grade year. I didn't go to the church and I never spent any time with him outside of practice and games but I knew the kids that he did stuff to. I was invited to a few of the sleep overs, I recall, but either we had other things to do or my parents didn't let me go. I didn't find out about it all until after the season when he was arrested though, I didn't go to the school either so I had no idea what was going on but apparently some of the kids did. Part of the reason this Penn St. thing hits a little close to home for me I guess.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 11-10-2011 at 01:19 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?