Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Guilty on 45 of 48 counts. Maximum of 440ish years. Factoring in his age, he will probably not get out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

True justice would be sending him to Gen Pop.

Guilty on almost everything. 440 year sentence. Not sure that's justice, but I guess it's something.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    True justice would be sending him to Gen Pop.
    And the guards turning their back and letting whatever happens, happen.

And the victims get to live with this trauma the rest of their lives as well. May they come boldly to the throne of grace, where one can find mercy and grace in their time of need.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

"@dougbenson Jerry Sandusky is on suicide watch. Are tickets available?"

Possibly in poor taste but that dude's a straight up monster, he deserves the death penalty probably more than most murders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

CNN has emails between all the top people at PSU including mention of talking to Paterno. They all knew and decided to cover it up. Things looking pretty bad for PSU right now.

In fact reading between the lines it appears Paterno convinced Curley not to go to the authorities. Not at all surprising to me. I never for a second thought it would have been swept under the run unless that is what JoPa wanted.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...face-reckoning

Joe Paterno's statue has to come down. That's clear today, now that CNN has released emails that bury Paterno and his Penn State cronies with their own dirty words.

Paterno's statue outside Beaver Stadium has to come down, because otherwise Penn State would be celebrating a man who helped talk school officials into leaving Jerry Sandusky alone in 2001, letting an alleged pedophile escape detection for another decade, giving that alleged pedophile -- and it's not "alleged" anymore -- unfettered access to campus for another decade.

More from Gregg Doyle at the link.

This is the worst sports story I can ever remember. I hope people take this as a cautionary tale when they assign so much power, love, and devotion to a potentially (or really) fallible person.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...face-reckoning

Joe Paterno's statue has to come down. That's clear today, now that CNN has released emails that bury Paterno and his Penn State cronies with their own dirty words.

Paterno's statue outside Beaver Stadium has to come down, because otherwise Penn State would be celebrating a man who helped talk school officials into leaving Jerry Sandusky alone in 2001, letting an alleged pedophile escape detection for another decade, giving that alleged pedophile -- and it's not "alleged" anymore -- unfettered access to campus for another decade.

More from Gregg Doyle at the link.
    Jeeps. If the CNN story is accurate, after taking down the statue, the Big Ten should also consider severing ties with Penn State. Let them go where they will, where they can but they don't deserve to benefit from the proud tradition of the Big Ten. And, yes, I'm being serious.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I wonder what Coach K has to say about good ole JoePa now...

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Jeeps. If the CNN story is accurate, after taking down the statue, the Big Ten should also consider severing ties with Penn State. Let them go where they will, where they can but they don't deserve to benefit from the proud tradition of the Big Ten. And, yes, I'm being serious.
    Interesting idea. Never thought of that, but I don't think it's a bad idea.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I don't know what the NCAA can do, but I would think that if the administration was involved in a cover up and continued to allow Sandusky to use the facilities, I would think an SMU-style death penalty would be appropriate. At the least, I would allow any Penn State athlete to transfer without having to sit out if they wish. I know if I were a student athlete, wouldn't want to be associated with the school any longer.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Penn State is apparently like a cult. From perusing their two main boards, most seem to be more focused on the unfairness of this info being leaked. Really disturbed.

Turn Off Ads?