Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Say what you want about Paterno but consulting with the victims and their representatives does make sense to me.

Ya know Penn State, I realize that this is a very unique situation but I'm pretty sure that there are people that specialize in what to do in these types of situations. Maybe, just maybe, you should call one.
    I strongly disagree with this.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Hey, we're all entitled to our own opinions but I don't think it would be that unusual for there to be some dialogue going on. Sometimes it's a really good idea.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Hey, we're all entitled to our own opinions but I don't think it would be that unusual for there to be some dialogue going on. Sometimes it's a really good idea.
    And in cases like this, I don't think there should be any reason that they would have input at all.

And in cases like this, I don't think there should be any reason that they would have input at all.
    Ok, and I...

Agree. Just because there is ignorance and irrational behavior being displayed by the students doesn't mean that rational people view the victims as being the cause of Paterno's firing. Very convoluted logic being employed there.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Agree. Just because there is ignorance and irrational behavior being displayed by the students doesn't mean that rational people view the victims as being the cause of Paterno's firing. Very convoluted logic being employed there.
    Rational people viewing the victims as the cause of anything? I didn't get that from anything.

If you're trying to make amends to someone is simply just reaching out to them to find out what how they feel about things a bad thing??

Penn State recruiting letter
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

PSU could potentially lose eligibility to participate in federal student aid programs due to violating the Clery act.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...T9M_story.html
    Go Gators!

McQueary's future at Penn State unclear after private trustee meeting

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11314...#ixzz1dMPOgyvq
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I'd really like to know why the evil scumbag who caused all of this is still walking around on bail.

If he's not a threat to the public at large, who is?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Rational people viewing the victims as the cause of anything? I didn't get that from anything.

If you're trying to make amends to someone is simply just reaching out to them to find out what how they feel about things a bad thing??
    The reasoning was that "students reaction means that people will blame the victims. Why didn't they ask them about how to handle this?" The response was based on the reaction of the students, which was irrational, as if they are speaking for the way rational people view this. And rational people see this as a reasonable consequence.

So.........the victims are apparently considering the view of irrational people as the basis for "we don't want people blaming us for getting JoePa fired." This position is just so illogical that it blows my mind.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    PSU could potentially lose eligibility to participate in federal student aid programs due to violating the Clery act.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...T9M_story.html
    If that means what I think it does, which is to say no students would be able to access federal financial aid or federal student loans to go to Penn State - that could very well be the end for PSU.

Very few students get to attend college any more without some kind of aid or loan, and a lot of it does come from the government. If students don't have access to that at Penn State, they'll go somewhere else. Has a university ever survived losing 50+% of its student base in the blink of an eye?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    McQueary's future at Penn State unclear after private trustee meeting

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11314...#ixzz1dMPOgyvq
    His future should be unclear. I read the Grand Jury report, this guy saw far more than just "inappropriate contact". He should have acted, right then and there with what he saw. And if not right then, when he saw that the uni was doing *nothing*, he should have spoken out. Yeah, life would have been hell for poor little Mikey for a while, but it would have been the right thing to do.

This society is sorely lacking in people who will do the right thing, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I'd really like to know why the evil scumbag who caused all of this is still walking around on bail.

If he's not a threat to the public at large, who is?
    He's not just out on bail, he's out on unsecured bail, which means he didn't have to put up any money and doesn't have to pay anything at all unless he doesn't show up for court. Unsecured bail is used when an accused person has a good reputation to stand on. I just dealt with a child support case where the individual who was $25,000 behind on payments was given unsecured bail.

This really is a good old boy network in Happy Valley.

Turn Off Ads?