Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...dusky-surface/

The Patriot News, who has been on top of the Sandusky story, reports that two more cases of alleged child abuse against Sandusky have been opened by Children and Youth Services in Pennsylvania. Both of alleged victims are still under 18 years of age and the cases were reported less than 60 days ago.

Prior to the two new cases, the only known alleged victims who came forward have been adults.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I think we're going to hear a lot more like this.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ayer-treatment
    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Just more proof, if you needed anymore, that Paterno had the power to pursue anything or stop anything at Penn State. He was the University.
    So, the football players were treated differently than other students. How is this different from any other school?

Seems to me that it's bigger news when a football player isn't treated differently than other people.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    So, the football players were treated differently than other students. How is this different from any other school?

Seems to me that it's bigger news when a football player isn't treated differently than other people.
    I guess the issue is that he told the school that basically, only he should be the one deciding on the punishment of players, not anyone else at the school.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I guess the issue is that he told the school that basically, only he should be the one deciding on the punishment of players, not anyone else at the school.
    Sure, it's an issue. Not exactly news though.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ky_family.html

The attorney for Jerry Sandusky says one of the two new cases of alleged sexual abuse under investigation by Children and Youth Services was made by a family member.

The Patriot-News reported yesterday that the new cases were reported less than 60 days ago and are in the initial stages of investigation.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Paterno and Happy Valley is like the Colonial Williamsburg of college football, a program that time forgot. His program is a revisit to a time when coaches were allowed to be judge and jury for their players and the authorities kept things quiet. It is the same type of situation as Columbus was during the reign of Woody. Hopefully, this is the end of such nonsense.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/25...-sexual-abuse/

The allegations towards accused Penn State pedophile Jerry Sandusky continue with his grandson now coming forward with claims of sexual abuse.

A complaint was filed against the former assistant coach by the wife of one of his adopted sons, Matt Sandusky with Pennsylvania's Children's and Youth Services, his lawyer told ABC News.

Christmas at the Sandusky's outta be just dandy.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/30...han-100-times/

Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky sexually abused a young boy more than 100 times after meeting him through The Second Mile charity he founded in 1977, according to a civil lawsuit filed Wednesday.

The 27-page lawsuit, which was filed in Philadelphia, identifies the alleged victim -- now 29 -- as John Doe. It lists Sandusky, The Second Mile and Penn State as defendants, claiming Sandusky abused the boy at his State College home, at Penn State facilities and on at least one bowl game trip.

This is truly ugly. I agree these people involved have a right to a fair trial, a spirited defense, and a very long prison sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    This is truly ugly. I agree these people involved have a right to a fair trial, a spirited defense, and a very long prison sentence.
    And all the special treatment that child rapists receive from the prison population.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    And all the special treatment that child rapists receive from the prison population.
    Unfortunately, they wind up all together away from the rest of the population because of what will happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Is he out on bond right now? If so he won't see a prison, even if convicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Is he out on bond right now? If so he won't see a prison, even if convicted.
    How do you figure? Bond has little to do with the final outcome. Bond is often based on evidence collected at the time of arrest, which just has to show probable cause. Bond is also based on the defendant's record and ties to the community to determine whether he is a flight risk or likely to commit more crimes while out on bond. Meanwhile, police and prosecutors typically collect more evidence, especially witness testimony, as the case progresses through the system. With a high profile case like this, I bet the prosecutor is still seeking out witnesses and victims that could lead to additional charges and a supplemental indictment.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Sandusky has the most competent attorney ever...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...lk-guilty-plea

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- The lawyer for former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky said Wednesday that he might have to talk to his client at some point about pleading guilty to charges of child sex abuse.

Turn Off Ads?