Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    His attorney needs to do some serious self-evaluation.
    Sandusky needs to realize his lawyer is just trying to make a name for himself at Sandusky's expense. Nothing this guy has done has been even remotely competent.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

Um...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jerry-sandu...2#.TtrjUPLfW-c

Sandusky also discussed his answer to a question whether he was sexually attracted to underage boys.

"I was sitting there like, 'what in the world is this question?' am I going to be, if I say, 'no I'm not attracted to boys,' that's not the truth because I'm attracted to young people -- boys, girls," he said.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/jerry-sandu...2#.Ttrl0vLfW-d

"He admits he 'wrestled' and showered alone with boys, gave them gifts and money, and travelled with them. Surprisingly, Sandusky's interview also revealed that to this day, Penn State has not taken away Sandusky's keys to the Football locker room where so much of the abuse occurred," the statement read.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

My thoughts about how Sandusky's lawyer is handling this. Sandusky should be locked in his house with no tv camera with in 1000 feet of him, he just digging the hole deeper.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Children are the one thing looked at as completely untouchable by the prison population hierarchy. They are given an unquestioned innocent status that is denied everyone else.

Crimes against women or men- merits of those crimes are each individually judged but still never given the same status as crimes against a child.

Sandusky said his punishment was to no longer be allowed to bring children from the charity he ran to the college's football facilities.

"He didn't want me to bring kids in there and work them out anymore, and I remember saying well could I just work them out? And he said no," Sandusky told the Times.
    OK, if Sandusky didn't do anything wrong - like he claims - why was he punished? And he says he was punished but "Sandusky said Paterno never talked to him about any alleged incidents of abuse with minors."

So who punished him and for what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Lot of guys in prison are there partially because they were abused and ruined as children, sometimes including molestation.
    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Children are the one thing looked at as completely untouchable by the prison population hierarchy. They are given an unquestioned innocent status that is denied everyone else.

Crimes against women or men- merits of those crimes are each individually judged but still never given the same status as crimes against a child.
    As I clarified, I get the rationalizations of prisoners. Really, who I am talking to are those who consider themselves moral that speak as if this is justice. It is evil policing evil. That is not something to make light of as I see so many doing as they chuckle and say "yea, Sandusky will become Bubba's fair haired boy, hee hee hee." That is what I am calling out.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    As I clarified, I get the rationalizations of prisoners. Really, who I am talking to are those who consider themselves moral that speak as if this is justice. It is evil policing evil. That is not something to make light of as I see so many doing as they chuckle and say "yea, Sandusky will become Bubba's fair haired boy, hee hee hee." That is what I am calling out.
    Yeah, I don't think prison rape is something to make light of either, it's appalling obviously. Our entire prison system is a joke. But I was just explaining where I think that comes from.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Sandusky was just re-arrested based on additional charges resulting from 2 additional witnesses.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jerry-sandu...4#.Tt-1P4R0r8A

Amendola greeted Sandusky in the courtroom by saying, "Told you. We had this discussion. Some day you will listen to me," to which Sandusky smiled, according to WPVI.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/penn-state-...9#.Tt_GM3onPM0

Just disgusting. I hope he's not allowed to post bail this time.

William Arthur Ward

Amendola greeted Sandusky in the courtroom by saying, "Told you. We had this discussion. Some day you will listen to me," to which Sandusky smiled, according to WPVI.
    Oh wow, he really might be the worst lawyer ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/penn-state-...9#.Tt_GM3onPM0

Just disgusting. I hope he's not allowed to post bail this time.
    They set bail at $250K but he can't pay it so he's in jail.

http://news.yahoo.com/sandusky-jaile...204704986.html
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    Oh wow, he really might be the worst lawyer ever.
    I am drawing the same conclusion.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I am drawing the same conclusion.
    I've said it ever since he let Sandusky do that phone interview. The guy is the absolute biggest moron in the legal community and has no redeeming qualities as he's more worried about making himself rich and famous with tv interviews than he is giving sound legal advice to his client. Regardless of whether Sandusky did or didn't do what he is accused of he is being railroaded by his lawyer into a position that there is no defense possible of anything besides maybe insanity or that he was abused himself as a kid and thought it was "alright".

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I've said it ever since he let Sandusky do that phone interview. The guy is the absolute biggest moron in the legal community and has no redeeming qualities as he's more worried about making himself rich and famous with tv interviews than he is giving sound legal advice to his client. Regardless of whether Sandusky did or didn't do what he is accused of he is being railroaded by his lawyer into a position that there is no defense possible of anything besides maybe insanity or that he was abused himself as a kid and thought it was "alright".
    I'm still calling mistrial by misrepresentation by counsel to be the main defense strategy.

Turn Off Ads?