Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 992

Thread: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

  1. #796
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,001

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Sea ray, do you have kids? Can you imagine your own child being raped in a shower, and all these people knowing about it and not anybody doing anything more than passing the buck?

    Oh I told the athletic director...oh, terrific....nice work....
    If you're watchin' a parade, make sure you stand in one spot, don't follow it, it never changes. And if the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction, you will fast-foward the parade. --Mitch Hedberg

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #797
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,681

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    All we know is that Paterno went to the AD with what the grad assistant told him. We know nothing else because Paterno hasn't talked about it due to being silenced by Penn State. Yet posters continue to discuss this like they have inside information and know everything about the case.

    Personally I believe Paterno made a huge mistake not going to the police directly. Schultz is not the PD no matter what some say. And as a college coach he should know better. However I would like to hear from Joe exactly what happened step by step. The Grand Jury report only showed so much I need the entire picture and I need it to come from him.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  4. #798
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,531

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Define immediately.
    a day

  5. #799
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,531

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Sea ray, do you have kids? Can you imagine your own child being raped in a shower, and all these people knowing about it and not anybody doing anything more than passing the buck?

    Oh I told the athletic director...oh, terrific....nice work....
    I sure do and if this were my kid I'd be as mad as hell at Penn State but not Paterno. Just to be accurate, include that he told more than the AD. The chief of Campus Police was also informed

  6. #800
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,545

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    a day
    So he felt a real sense of urgency by your definition?
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  7. #801
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I sure do and if this were my kid I'd be as mad as hell at Penn State but not Paterno. Just to be accurate, include that he told more than the AD. The chief of Campus Police was also informed
    Actually, Schultz's title was "senior vice president for finance and business." True, the campus police fell under his slice of the bureaucracy, but he was hardly chief of campus police or a law enforcement officer of any kind.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  8. #802
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Schultz served as senior vice president for finance and business from 1995 until his retirement and led the division that includes the offices of Human Resources, Physical Plant, University Police, Investment Management, Auxiliary and Business Services, Corporate Controller, University Budget, Legal Services and Commonwealth Campus Business Operations.
    http://live.psu.edu/story/54324
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  9. #803
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,304
    You're being intentionally ignorant if you think that Paterno didnt know about Sandusky. They knew in 1998. That's why they forced him to retire. 2002 I doubt was much of a shock.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #804
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,681

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    What exacty did they know in 1998? Sandusky was accused of showering with boys after a workout. The DA refused to prosecute the case but never gave reasons as to why. I am sure the DA did not keep in touch with Paterno about his findings, all they had was rumor an innuendo.

    Again not making excuses for Paterno but I think folks are jumping from A to D rather quickly based on what information is out there. We don't know everything about this case, good or bad, yet we rush to judge.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  11. #805
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,531

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Actually, Schultz's title was "senior vice president for finance and business." True, the campus police fell under his slice of the bureaucracy, but he was hardly chief of campus police or a law enforcement officer of any kind.
    Then it falls on him to forward the investigation on to campus police. McCreary has been quoted under oath that he thought he was reporting it to campus police by going to Schultz

  12. #806
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,531

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    You're being intentionally ignorant if you think that Paterno didnt know about Sandusky. They knew in 1998. That's why they forced him to retire. 2002 I doubt was much of a shock.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are adding evidence that's not on the record to say that. I'm being much more fair to Paterno than you are

  13. #807
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,531

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Thanks for that info but I didn't learn anything new. What's your point in posting it?

  14. #808
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,574

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You are adding evidence that's not on the record to say that. I'm being much more fair to Paterno than you are
    What's not on the record? You don't think its a reasonable inference that the 1998 incident that did not result in an indictment but did result in a mysterious firing to the heir apparent and wildly successful coach of "Linebacker U" isn't "on the record?" While that may not rise to the level of evidence in a court of law, I don't pretend that opinions expressed on a message board need to meet that criteria of evidence.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  15. #809
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,531

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What's not on the record? You don't think its a reasonable inference that the 1998 incident that did not result in an indictment but did result in a mysterious firing to the heir apparent and wildly successful coach of "Linebacker U" isn't "on the record?" While that may not rise to the level of evidence in a court of law, I don't pretend that opinions expressed on a message board need to meet that criteria of evidence.
    As you state, it's an inference. I stick with facts

  16. #810
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,531

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Joe Paterno has his side of this story to tell and he's anxious to tell it according to his son:

    “He’s very anxious to get out there soon and start to tell his side of the story and start to express—get all the facts out. What that timetable is I don’t know exactly. But he definitely is chomping at the bit.”



    Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...#ixzz1iykimrwZ
    I don't know if he's going to live to tell it but if he does I hope you folks have an open mind to receive it


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25