Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 992

Thread: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

  1. #826
    Member top6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    cincinnati
    Posts
    1,650

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Don't say you can't remember. Show us the quote and let's look at it. I don't remember such a quote so I'd like to see it
    "He (McQueary) had seen a person, an older person, fondling a young boy," Paterno testified. "I don't know what you would call it, but it was of a sexual nature. I didn't push Mike to describe it because he was already upset, but it was something inappropriate to a youngster."

    "I didn't want to interfere with their weekends, (so) either Saturday or Monday, I talked to my boss, Tim Curley, by phone, saying, 'Hey we got a problem' and I explained the problem to him," Paterno said.
    Link.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #827
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Don't say you can't remember. Show us the quote and let's look at it. I don't remember such a quote so I'd like to see it
    Ive been driving around all day. Pretty sure it was linked already in this thread. It's fairly well known he said that. And top6 linked it for me. Looks like when I said Monday, I might not have been wrong.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "three dimes, a one hundred dollar bill and and 87 ones..."

  4. #828
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,475

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    Excellent. Now we can look at it. If that was indeed testified in court, I wonder if the timeline of this is correct because it sure seems to me that March 3rd was a Sunday:
    "I didn't want to interfere with their weekends, (so) either Saturday or Monday, I talked to my boss, Tim Curley, by phone, saying, 'Hey we got a problem' and I explained the problem to him," Paterno said.

    March 3, 2002 – Paterno calls Tim Curley, Penn State Athletic Director to his home the next day and reports a version of what the grad assistant had said.

    March
    Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa

    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    31

  5. #829
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,475

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    I think the key here is this:

    The man Paterno told about the abuse, former athletic director Tim Curley, testified in a deposition today that he didn't think it was a crime, so he didn't call the police.

  6. #830
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Excellent. Now we can look at it. If that was indeed testified in court, I wonder if the timeline of this is correct because it sure seems to me that March 3rd was a Sunday:
    Yeah keep focusing on the calendar.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "three dimes, a one hundred dollar bill and and 87 ones..."

  7. #831
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think the key here is this:
    Right. Let's say for their sake that McQueary just told them he saw Sandusky doing something "of a sexual nature" to the boy. And keep in mind they already are well aware of the 1998 investigation. That's not worthy of a phone call to the police, just for the hell of it?

    I think you just tossed on another layer of sand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "three dimes, a one hundred dollar bill and and 87 ones..."

  8. #832
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,475

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Right. Let's say for their sake that McQueary just told them he saw Sandusky doing something "of a sexual nature" to the boy. And keep in mind they already are well aware of the 1998 investigation. That's not worthy of a phone call to the police, just for the hell of it?
    We're not communicating. I clearly think police should have been notified and I've made that clear more than once:

    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...&postcount=750

    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...&postcount=767

  9. #833
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,366

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    We don't know for a fact why Sandusky was fired.
    Nope. But the facts prior to his firing are what they are, and there is a pretty strong circumstantial case for the "why?" now, isn't there. Employment law as it is, making public the reason someone gets fired is a pretty sticky wicket, but it normally isn't too hard to put two and two together based on what is known by folks.

    We'll see how consistent you can be at this "just the facts" game you want to play.

    BTW, your game isn't even practiced by medical examiners looking for cause of death. The jails would be quite a bit less populated if the standard for convicting someone of a crime "cold, hard, verifiable facts ARE the conclusion."

    Shall we pull out the "how do you know you have a brain?" joke?
    Last edited by traderumor; 01-09-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  10. #834
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,280

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    We're not communicating. I clearly think police should have been notified and I've made that clear more than once:

    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...&postcount=750

    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...&postcount=767
    Oh, I forgot you're just trying to prove why Paterno should get a pass. You're wrong but carry on.
    "three dimes, a one hundred dollar bill and and 87 ones..."

  11. #835
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,475

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Oh, I forgot you're just trying to prove why Paterno should get a pass. You're wrong but carry on.
    I could be. Any of us could be

  12. #836
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,280

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I could be. Any of us could be
    Sometimes common sense keeps pointing in one direction and you kind of know.
    "three dimes, a one hundred dollar bill and and 87 ones..."

  13. #837
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,475

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    I think when the discussion deteriorates to "you're wrong but carry on" it's time to end the discussion...

  14. #838
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,280

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think when the discussion deteriorates to "you're wrong but carry on" it's time to end the discussion...
    Well there are already 100s of posts opposing your view point, many of them by me, so yes we probably are done.
    "three dimes, a one hundred dollar bill and and 87 ones..."

  15. #839
    Member VR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    8,406

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    And he reported it immediately.
    Although....in reality he 'delegated' it, as everyone knows Paterno was king there.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

  16. #840
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,366

    Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think when the discussion deteriorates to "you're wrong but carry on" it's time to end the discussion...
    I think it deteriorated when you claimed that you are basing your conclusions on facts alone.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25