Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giants trade Sanchez to Royals for Cabrera

Re: Giants trade Sanchez to Royals for Cabrera

I think this is a great trade for Kansas City. They have a ton of talent on the way up. They can afford to lose Melky's leadership next year after getting some of their young players some experience this year. Adding Sanchez to their rotation is a definite improvement over what they had, no matter who's spot he takes.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by wally post View Post
    This is another trade where I shake my head - Melky Cabrerra??? Somebody needs to wake Walt up. - Melky is not even a Heisey in my opinion so it's another trade where my blood pressure rises... Yikes!
    I'll second this wholeheartedly. Stop pressing the snooze button Walt.

I'm done waiting for pitchers who can't stop walking guys to suddenly wake up and stop walking guys. They can all go to some other league on some other planet, and they can take all the pitchers who dawdle for 5 minutes between pitches with them.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Upon closer inspection it seems SF did not get cheated.I think it's our need and want that makes this deal look in KC's favor.

It's amazing how your bias influences perception.

The Reds have enough guys who have problems walking batters.

Quote Originally Posted by wally post View Post
    This is another trade where I shake my head - Melky Cabrerra??? Somebody needs to wake Walt up. - Melky is not even a Heisey in my opinion so it's another trade where my blood pressure rises... Yikes!
    Sorry, but Walt can sleep through deals like this all winter (and summer). He didn't miss anything in this deal.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    Upon closer inspection it seems SF did not get cheated.I think it's our need and want that makes this deal look in KC's favor.

It's amazing how your bias influences perception.
    I still think it's a steal for KC because I don't think much of Melky Cabrera.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Most deals that happen have me shaking my head at Walt. Nearly every deal that I would be interested, I feel the team that got the player I wanted gave up less than the Reds could/would/should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    If I was building a AAAA team, I'd consider Melky as a 5th outfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't either, but I also don't think much of Sanchez. He's nearing 30 and has never managed an acceptable walk rate while pitching in one of the easiest environments in MLB. If my team had traded anything useful for either of them, I wouldn't be happy about it, but, since they were traded for each other, I think it's okay for both.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?