Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HanRam - On the block?

HanRam - On the block?

So it appears per MLBTR that Marlins are in very hot pursuit of Jose Reyes. According to the article there are no internal discussions to move HanRam to another position. The Marlins contacted Reyes' agent 1 min after the phone-lines opened expressing their interest.

Im admittedly pretty awful in creating hypothetical trades, and I also think that HanRam is a bit of a basketcase, but I wouldn't mind giving him a shot a SS. Id even overpay and give him a 1yr deal. Give Cozart some more time to make sure he's 110% healthy for 2013. If we're out of the running at the 2012 deadline, ship HanRam off to a contender for a decently sizable return.

Now, Im also very high on Logan Morrison (keeping with the shortened, albeit combined nicknames, we'll go with LoMo). For those of you who know better than myself, what would it take to get these two in a package deal? LoMo could potentially be our LFer of the future (plan to keep him longer term) and hope he can turn into a LF Bruce.

I know Marlins are looking for pitching, specifically LHP. Id offer them something along the lines of:

1) Travis Wood
    2) Yasmani Grandal
    3) __________?

for

1) HanRam
    2) Logan Morrison

They have Paul LoDuca in catcher. He put up some good numbers last year, but hes also 39 years old, and a highly touted catching prospect could make them think.

Thoughts?

-Matt

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: HanRam - On the block?

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    So it appears per MLBTR that Marlins are in very hot pursuit of Jose Reyes. According to the article there are no internal discussions to move HanRam to another position. The Marlins contacted Reyes' agent 1 min after the phone-lines opened expressing their interest.

Im admittedly pretty awful in creating hypothetical trades, and I also think that HanRam is a bit of a basketcase, but I wouldn't mind giving him a shot a SS. Id even overpay and give him a 1yr deal. Give Cozart some more time to make sure he's 110% healthy for 2013. If we're out of the running at the 2012 deadline, ship HanRam off to a contender for a decently sizable return.

Now, Im also very high on Logan Morrison (keeping with the shortened, albeit combined nicknames, we'll go with LoMo). For those of you who know better than myself, what would it take to get these two in a package deal? LoMo could potentially be our LFer of the future (plan to keep him longer term) and hope he can turn into a LF Bruce.

I know Marlins are looking for pitching, specifically LHP. Id offer them something along the lines of:

1) Travis Wood
    2) Yasmani Grandal
    3) __________?

for

1) HanRam
    2) Logan Morrison

They have Paul LoDuca in catcher. He put up some good numbers last year, but hes also 39 years old, and a highly touted catching prospect could make them think.

Thoughts?

-Matt
    He's under contract for 3 years $46.5M.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

-The Insider-

First off that deal would not come even close to getting those two.

And second, he already said he'd move to third if Reyes came in.

Hmm...

How could the Reds package a deal to get Marlins to chip in 15m? I doubt they can afford HanRam if they're serous about Reyes and Pujols/Fielder.

Thoughts?

Matt

-The Insider-

They are spending money this off-season. They can afford it.

And it'd take a really, really good package to get Hanley and LoMo.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

If you acquire Logan Morrison, that means you have Morrison, Joey Votto, and Yonder Alonso. Imho, he's not a huge upgrade over Alonso in left field defensively, so he wouldn't be a target of mine.

Despite all the hoopla in the media, I am extremely doubtful that the Marlins would consider trading HanRam. It's certainly not impossible, but with the new stadium being ready for next year, I just don't see them looking to deal their best, most marketable player. But I'll play along and try to come up with a trade proposal.

Reds receive:
    Hanley Ramirez - All-Star caliber shortstop you could fit anywhere in the lineup
    Jose Ceda - has closer stuff and has been dominant in the minors the past couple years

Marlins receive:
    Travis Wood - should be an easy upgrade over Brad Hand
    Yasmani Grandal - Reds have Mesoraco, and the Marlins are lacking in the catching department
    Ryan LaMarre - although the Reds are a little thin in center field prospects, they can get by with Stubbs for the next few years and come up with someone else when his time is up (Yorman Rodriguez?); the Marlins don't have much in the way of pure center field prospects either, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind having LaMarre
    Billy Hamilton - the Reds are deep in young shortstops, which makes Hamilton expendable; he's one of the Reds' top prospects anyway, so that has to make him attractive to any potential trade partner
    Juan Francisco - just a throw-in and doesn't even need to be in the deal, but maybe the Marlins have a use for him; could be Greg Dobbs' replacement

In terms of 40-man roster spots, the Marlins would be adding two players, which teams don't like to do. I'm sure there's a guy not on the Reds' 40-man roster who would have just as much value as Francisco. Either way, the Marlins would be receiving guys with very high ceilings in addition to a couple guys who are very likely to contribute solid numbers for a long time. For the Reds, if they can't extend Brandon Phillips, they could move HanRam or Cozart to second base in 2013.

Florida wants to make a splash going into their new ballpark right?

How about we ship them Chapman as the centerpiece of a package for HanRam and another prospect or two if they toss in some salary relief.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    If you acquire Logan Morrison, that means you have Morrison, Joey Votto, and Yonder Alonso. Imho, he's not a huge upgrade over Alonso in left field defensively, so he wouldn't be a target of mine.

Despite all the hoopla in the media, I am extremely doubtful that the Marlins would consider trading HanRam. It's certainly not impossible, but with the new stadium being ready for next year, I just don't see them looking to deal their best, most marketable player. But I'll play along and try to come up with a trade proposal.

Reds receive:
    Hanley Ramirez - All-Star caliber shortstop you could fit anywhere in the lineup
    Jose Ceda - has closer stuff and has been dominant in the minors the past couple years

Marlins receive:
    Travis Wood - should be an easy upgrade over Brad Hand
    Yasmani Grandal - Reds have Mesoraco, and the Marlins are lacking in the catching department
    Ryan LaMarre - although the Reds are a little thin in center field prospects, they can get by with Stubbs for the next few years and come up with someone else when his time is up (Yorman Rodriguez?); the Marlins don't have much in the way of pure center field prospects either, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind having LaMarre
    Billy Hamilton - the Reds are deep in young shortstops, which makes Hamilton expendable; he's one of the Reds' top prospects anyway, so that has to make him attractive to any potential trade partner
    Juan Francisco - just a throw-in and doesn't even need to be in the deal, but maybe the Marlins have a use for him; could be Greg Dobbs' replacement

In terms of 40-man roster spots, the Marlins would be adding two players, which teams don't like to do. I'm sure there's a guy not on the Reds' 40-man roster who would have just as much value as Francisco. Either way, the Marlins would be receiving guys with very high ceilings in addition to a couple guys who are very likely to contribute solid numbers for a long time. For the Reds, if they can't extend Brandon Phillips, they could move HanRam or Cozart to second base in 2013.
    Seriously? That's too much. Ramirez isn't cheap and he's not that good defensively. He'd be a good but expensive heir to Rolen at 3rd. That's just alot to give up.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

For what it's worth, if the Reds were really going to get a shortstop upgrade I think I might prefer Rollins over Hanley. While Hanley will obviously provide more offense Rollins is a better defender and I like his makeup ("veteran leadership qualities" etc) alot more as well and that has some value since the Reds have such a young team. Plus, since he would only cost the Reds a 2nd round pick the Reds could then use some of those prospects to improve the team somewhere else. I'm content with Cozart though and I think the Reds are as well so I'm not expecting anything along these lines to happen.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Let's go after Mike Stanton. He fills our righthanded power hitting leftfielder/cleanup hitter need.

Overwhelm them with an offer for the guy.

I don't want Ramirez and the Reds won't add payroll for a SS when they have Cozart. The only thing ownership will add payroll for, IMHO, is a top of the line starter.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Let's go after Mike Stanton. He fills our righthanded power hitting leftfielder/cleanup hitter need.

Overwhelm them with an offer for the guy.

I don't want Ramirez and the Reds won't add payroll for a SS when they have Cozart. The only thing ownership will add payroll for, IMHO, is a top of the line starter.
    They aren't trading Mike Stanton. Well, unless you do something stupid like offer them Joey Votto and Johnny Cueto.

Stanton seems like an untouchable player in their organization. I have also heard rumors that they have talked to Fielder and Pujols agents. It could be very interesting if they were to get one of those players. It might make them want to trade Ramirez just to dump some salary for some of those big named free agents. On the other hand, they could also be looking to go all in. Could you imagine a lineup with Pujols/Fielder and Reyes as leadoff? That would be insane.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Could you imagine a Reds lineup with Votto and Reyes as leadoff? That would be insane.
    Fixed this for you.

Haunted by walks

I have modest hopes next year for ZaCo.

-The Insider-

Just by the way, I know the Marlins and how they work better than the Reds. I was "with" the Marlins for six years so I'm not just making crazy remarks about what they would or would not do.

Turn Off Ads?