Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Redsfest tickets go on sale Wednesday

Redsfest tickets go on sale Wednesday

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...s_cin&c_id=cin

The festival will take place Dec. 2 from 4-10:30 p.m. ET and Dec. 3 from 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m. One-day tickets are $17 for adults and $7 for kids 12 and younger. Two-day tickets are $25 for adults and $12 for kids.

With paid admission, all fans will receive one free View Level ticket to any Monday-Wednesday game in April 2012 at Great American Ball Park. Also, the first 10,000 fans each day will receive a free drawstring backpack and Reds knit gloves.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redsfest tickets go on sale Wednesday

Dang that view level seat is some good value.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Pretty high price for a "fan fest." I'm not sure why they need to charge that much.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Pretty high price for a "fan fest." I'm not sure why they need to charge that much.
    When I last went after the 1999 season, the price of a ticket was $7.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I don't mind paying for this event because it's always well done and always a ton of fun. There are a lot of teams who not only make you pay for the event but you have to pay to get any of the players autographs too which can cost a ton. For all the things we can complain about with the Reds, their Redfest event is not one of them IMO. They do a great job of engaging and entertaining the fans during that weekend. I also have a ton of free stuff from past Redfests that I still use and knowing that the money going to the Reds Community Fund makes it very easy for me to pay it every year.

I'm looking forward to the event again this year. I'm not volunteering this time (they wanted you to work the entire day this year instead of working a half day shift which seemed like a lot to me ) but I can't wait to go to everything. I think I might even go to the Poker event this year if I can afford it. I definitely can't afford to play but I'd love to watch the other guys get all competitive and cranky when they don't get a good hand, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

When are they going to release the names of the players attending? I saw on the website that they will be revealed shortly, but to the best of my recollection I always thought that by this point in previous years they had already been released.
    Last edited by crazybob60; 11-12-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

My tickets are FREE because I'm volunteering

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    I agree. It used to be affordable... what happened? When you have a family, it's a bit much just for admission. I couldn't go last year because I couldn't afford it... looks like I won't be going this year either. Up until that point, I had never missed one.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    My tickets are FREE because I'm volunteering
    You don't get to go get autographs, photos, or see much of the activities on the main stage (especially if you're volunteer area is far away) so I hope you're not planning on doing any of that while you're working. That's a big no no as a volunteer and I'm speaking from experience here. I bought tickets the last two years even though I was a volunteer so I could go walk around and experience everything when I wasn't working.

The first player list was posted earlier today: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ees-announced/

Current Players: Yonder Alonso, Bronson Arroyo, Bill Bray, Jay Bruce, Aroldis Chapman, Zack Cozart, Todd Frazier, Chris Heisey, Jeremy Horst, Mike Leake, Sam LeCure, Devin Mesoraco, Logan Ondrusek, Scott Rolen (Friday only), Drew Stubbs, Chris Valaika, Joey Votto (Friday only) Travis Wood.

Coaches and Past Players: Manager Dusty Baker and coaches Mark Berry, Brook Jacoby, Bryan Price, Chris Speier and Mike Stefanski; Todd Benzinger, Jack Billingham, Tom Browning, Leo Cardenas, Clay Carroll, Eric Davis, Doug Flynn, George Foster, Wayne Granger, Chuck Harmon, Tommy Helms, Tracy Jones (Saturday only), Jim Maloney, Lee May, Ron Oester, Jim O’Toole, Ted Power, Chris Sabo and Mario Soto

Top Prospects: Tucker Barnhart, Brad Boxberger, Yasmani Grandal, Billy Hamilton, Drew Hayes, Ryan LaMarre, Josh Smith; and broadcasters Jeff Brantley, Marty Brennaman, Thom Brennaman (Friday only), Jim Day, Jim Kelch, Jeff Piecoro and Chris Welsh

More are usually added as we get closer to the event.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    There are a lot of teams who not only make you pay for the event but you have to pay to get any of the players autographs too which can cost a ton.
    The Cardinals charge more than double what the Reds charge for admission. Autograph prices for active players are anywhere from $5 to $175 each depending on the player.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyHo4Life View Post
    The Cardinals charge more than double what the Reds charge for admission. Autograph prices for active players are anywhere from $5 to $175 each depending on the player.
    I've had pretty good luck over the years getting autographs of players through the mail for the price of about 4 stamps.

Turn Off Ads?