Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast

Thread: Reds Hot Stove Rumors (Discussion)

Re: Reds Hot Stove Rumors (Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I'm not really surprised the Reds haven't negotiated with Brandon since the winter meetings, and doubt anything happens with a extension for Brandon the rest of the offseason. I think Latos and Marshall will be a higher priority for the Reds to give extensions to, and extensions for those 2 really will use up the money that would have been earmarked for Brandon.
    On the other hand a 5 million deferral in 2012 from Brandon to go along with an extension could help acquire the needed pieces in LF, UT and bullpen. Just a thought.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    On the other hand a 5 million deferral in 2012 from Brandon to go along with an extension could help acquire the needed pieces in LF, UT and bullpen. Just a thought.
    Or fund the signing bonus for an extension for Latos or Marshall.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I saw on MLBTR a while back that there was talk of Atlanta dealing Martin Prado to Colorado for Seth Smith and a prospect named Tim Wheeler.

I'm not familiar with Wheeler, do the Reds have something similar they could send to Atlanta and is Prado still a viable target? I know he had a bad year last year but before that he was very good, plays 2B/3B/LF, has OBP skills and under control for a while.

Seems logical to me but maybe there is something wrong with him?

Nothing wrong with Prado other than the Braves undervaluing him.

He'd be a great target and a fine, fine #2 hole hitter.

But I doubt Cincinnati has the bullets to get him, though Heisey would interest Atlanta, IMO.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

But I doubt Cincinnati has the bullets to get him, though Heisey would interest Atlanta, IMO.
    Heisey and Pile O'Cash?
    Witty signature.

Prado....hmmm.

Not for the OF but what about putting him at 2b and trading BP? The net money saved and spent elsewhere could be a plus for the Reds.

Prado as an OF/IF utility guy would solve a lot of problems, IMO. He's a high obp guy normally who doesn't K all that much. I wouldn't deal him for Phillips, as Phillips has a ton of defensive value and is just about the same offensively at this point.

I would deal for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Heisey and Pile O'Cash?
    Heisey and Frazier for Prado?

Heisey, Frazier, Chapman to Atlanta for Prado and JJ?

I know both are going to get expensive the next 2 years, but if the Reds could afford it, it also assures them on the same team with Votto the next 2 years.

If there was a shred of truth to the rumor of Atlanta's interest in Adam Jones what could Stubbs bring?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

For me, it's kinda weird. I guess since Brandon is the longest tenured Red, there is a part of me that kinda hopes he is a lifetime Red.

On the other hand, I realize the Reds are small market and factoring in his age, they should probably trade him and get something for him now before he is an anchor on the team payroll.

It's really a tough decision for me.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Double post. N/M

Why is everyone wringing hands over Cordero or Madsen?

Didn't the Reds JUST trade for Marshall? doesn't he clearly have CLOSER stuff? Do these same Reds not also have Arredondo, Bray and LeCure, three guys that can get K's in bunches?

Closer is not an issue, at least not to me.

LF, now that might finally be an issue. BP at leadoff and Heisey hitting second with Stubbs down around 7th. This interests me greatly.

If the Reds shell out for Cordero, I'll not be surprised. But i won't like it.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Why is everyone wringing hands over Cordero or Madsen?

Didn't the Reds JUST trade for Marshall? doesn't he clearly have CLOSER stuff? Do these same Reds not also have Arredondo, Bray and LeCure, three guys that can get K's in bunches?

Closer is not an issue, at least not to me.

LF, now that might finally be an issue. BP at leadoff and Heisey hitting second with Stubbs down around 7th. This interests me greatly.

If the Reds shell out for Cordero, I'll not be surprised. But i won't like it.
    Because the Reds don't want to use Marshall as a closer and are clearly going for an established closer.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Because the Reds don't want to use Marshall as a closer and are clearly going for an established closer.
    I think you may be right but it doesn't make sense to me.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I don't get it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I don't get it either.
    I get it, but think it's silly and avoidable.

Because of the stupid save stat, teams now need two different pitchers at the end of games. One to get the tough outs in high leverage situations, and one to get the final three outs of a victory.

You're right that it doesn't make much sense, but as long as the save stat is defined as it is, and drives pitchers salaries the way it does, that is the way teams will build their bullpens.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?