Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hallelujah! Cordero is gone!

takealeake

Hallelujah! Cordero is gone!

Sorry I had to come here to specifically celebrate this great news. The Reds burned $48 mil on this guy and he is FINALLY ... FINALLLY GONE.

No more blown saves out of nowhere. No more paying $12 million for a guy to come in one inning and blowing 3 run leads. No more walking the bases loaded for no reason. No more crap. No more Cordero.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hallelujah! Cordero is gone!

no hes not. i say theres a decent chance hes back.

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    Sorry I had to come here to specifically celebrate this great news. The Reds burned $48 mil on this guy and he is FINALLY ... FINALLLY GONE.

No more blown saves out of nowhere. No more paying $12 million for a guy to come in one inning and blowing 3 run leads. No more walking the bases loaded for no reason. No more crap. No more Cordero.

How is he gone? They just didn't pick up his option...nothing saying he won't resign for less monies.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    How is he gone? They just didn't pick up his option...nothing saying he won't resign for less monies.

Alas, this is true . I just hope that if the Reds do decide to resign him, they do it before relievers like Papelbon and Madson sign and give CoCo an inflated idea of his value.

And at the very least, the Reds won't be paying 12 million a year for their rides on the CoCo Coaster. That's something.

It would'nt surprise me if he was a Red next year.

Ok so who closes next year. If you say Masset, I will be less comfortable than with Cordero.

The Reds will sign him to a 2 year 10 million contract watch and see.

I'm hoping for a resign. Is he worth $12 million? Probably not...but given the job he does, and his success rate, I don't think there is much better out that, in the Reds price range. Two years for 10-15 mil, total, wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

Let's see CoCo for another year or two, and get Boxberger up here as soon as the powers-that-be feel he is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post

Who needs a 86.2 % save rate (his rate over 4 seasons)

BTW MLB average last season was 68%

Yea 12 million is way too much for him (especially with the Reds' budget), but let me tell you it's nice to have a closer with saves 86/100 times. Motte may be an answer for the Cardinals if we're luck, but we would've easily had at least 5 more wins this season if we had a closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Who needs a 86.2 % save rate (his rate over 4 seasons)

BTW MLB average last season was 68%
    That may be for everyone...but I am sure it is MUCH higher for closers.

Delete this thread it's misleading lol

Cordero has been overpaid, but there has been players i've been a lot happier about not being back. He's been pretty solid even though often an adventure. I'm also not going to be excited until I see that money spent elsewhere, because Cordero simply being gone doesn't make them a better team.

Be careful what you wish for.

There were times when Cordero struggled no doubt - but he closed out an awful lot of games as well.

The Reds overpaid for him I can't dispute and will not dispute that - and there were times I yelled at the TV or the radio when Cordero was walking the tight rope - but based on what the Reds have and what is out there as possible replacements - you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who was better.

Hopefully, they can work out a deal to keep him around.

Turn Off Ads?