Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds; Take Note From The Marlins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Reds; Take Note From The Marlins

The Miami Marlins are in on what seems like everybody this offseason and are going all in. They are going after a 3rd Championship in 15 years. The Reds Have only had one playoff appearance in that time. Who's committed to winning? I know the Reds are building within and drafting and doing things the cheap way but by not adding to this team in 2 years then this team really has to ask it self it it truly wants to bring winning baseball back to Cincinnati. Joey Votto will be a free agent soon and the time to build on this club is now. It's truly beating a dead horse but sometimes you got to either produce on your promises or stop promising.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Reds; Take Note From The Marlins

"We're simply not going to lose anymore" - Bob Castellini when firing Wayne Krivsky

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    "We're simply not going to lose anymore" - Bob Castellini when firing Wayne Krivsky
    Sometime between the 2010 and 2011 seasons that became "We're simply not going to lose MONEY anymore."

Forget about the Reds going all-in on free agents. Last season showed that this ownership group isn't wired that way.
    /r/reds

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Sometime between the 2010 and 2011 seasons that became "We're simply not going to lose MONEY anymore."

Forget about the Reds going all-in on free agents. Last season showed that this ownership group isn't wired that way.
    Well said.

I definitely think Castellini may have realized he's in over his head from the money side of it.

And he probably expected more of a spike in attendance than he got this year.

But should he have? One good season and he expects the fans to return in droves?

They sat on their hands last offseason and appear to be ready to do so again this offseason. If they do, I see attendance dropping off because of the turn off.

Well said.

I definitely think Castellini may have realized he's in over his head from the money side of it.

But should he have? One good season and he expects the fans to return in droves?

They sat on their hands last offseason and appear to be ready to do so again this offseason. If they do, I see attendance dropping off because of the turn off.
    They have tried the conservative approach now it's time to go all Milwaukee for a change. Gotta give it to the Brew Crew they want to win bottom line. They proved it going after C.C. a few years ago which resulted in a playoff appearance and they did it again dealing for Grienke this past offseason which put them just shy of the World Series, another recent milestone. Now if they lose Fielder and take a dip for a few years they have built up some serious excitement and good will for the foreseeable future.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Well said.

Wowzas

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Wowzas
    There's much more crow to eat in all of the "Reds will never be able to sign Votto to a LTC" threads.

Let's not start anointing Loria and the Marlins saints, they haven't actually done anything yet.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Let's not start anointing Loria and the Marlins saints, they haven't actually done anything yet.
    Seriously.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Seriously.
    They haven't? They've gotten me excited about Marlins baseball. They've got me interested in who they are perusing. The have a new name, look, and stadium. They are getting there players excited about potential free agents. They are getting their manager in full recruit mode.

I'm a Reds fan first and foremost but if this team isn't going to improve then I got to just be a baseball fan.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    They haven't? They've gotten me excited about Marlins baseball. They've got me interested in who they are perusing. The have a new name, look, and stadium. They are getting there players excited about potential free agents. They are getting their manager in full recruit mode.
    And eventually they will sell off those players just like they did before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    With yet another trophy in the trophy case.

I'd take that tradeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Points to Chip for this one.

I'm a Reds fan first and foremost but if this team isn't going to improve then I got to just be a baseball fan.
    I think edabbs was alluding to actual things that people care about.

Getting you to care based on turning the wheel to start-up the rumour mill isn't actually doing anything.

The Cubs did that 5 years ago and rued the day.

The Reds have issues, and there are far easier ways to criticize them rather than putting them down because another team is out rumouring the Reds 52-0.

On a related note today the Cincinnati Reds have announced a press conference for 3:30 this afternoon. At the conference, the Reds will announce a change in their name to the the Hamilton County Redlegs. Their new uni's will be softball compression shorts worn over red lycra tights and the tops will be loose cotton t-shirts with flashdance width necks and cut off sleeves.

Turn Off Ads?