Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
Scout examination of defense seems to be an iffy area altogether, especially when it comes to the fringe prospects. It's particularly easy for a scout to watch Torreyes miss a single ball that flew a couple feet over his arm and make assumptions about his height, even if he wouldn't have caught it in most circumstances anyway. It's just naturally tricky to determine a skill where the only mistakes or spectacular plays happen on rare occasions. There's always going to be some variation in perception.

One thing he didn't have going for him this season is power, but from what I've heard in the past he's not incapable of showing a little bit of pop. I bet 10 HR per season could be expected from him. And even if no one's particularly high on his arm, it's not the most important of tools for a second baseman. So while he may not have all the tools, it seems like he has all that he needs to succeed in a major league role, and is putting them together a lot faster than Yorman.
While I can agree with you on your points, I was simply making a counter argument. If all we ever talk about are the good points of a player, we are missing a lot of information about that player. I think Torreyes has a solid shot at being a Major Leaguer. I would still take Yorman every day without thinking twice about it. He has further to go with his game, without question. But the ceiling is something to dream on and that ceiling simply isn't there with Torreyes. It is an interesting risk vs reward argument, but I think Yorman was actually a little bit better than he was given credit for last year in terms of stats.