Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
Results 316 to 327 of 327

Thread: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

  1. #316
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,167

    Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Sullinger will have a more productive career than at least half of the players drafted ahead of him.
    Sullinger had issues that cost him a couple of games this past season at OSU. Its not like he was plagued the entier season missing games every other week with a bad back. I think this is an over reaction that often comes around draft time.

    Sullinger would have been best served to be drafted high by going last year. As a player I think Sullinger learned quite a bit this past season at OSU. I don't think he will ever be an All Star level player year in year out. But I do think he will be a very good cog on teams for a long time. The later you go the better team you end up on.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #317
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,371

    Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

    I don't think that Sullinger is athletic enough to be very successful in the league. He's a back to the basket guy that can't do that in the pros. I think he landed in a perfect spot in Boston. That was his best hope of being productive. I'm rooting for him. I just don't think he'll be very good.

  4. #318
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urbana, OH
    Posts
    802

    Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I don't think that Sullinger is athletic enough to be very successful in the league. He's a back to the basket guy that can't do that in the pros. I think he landed in a perfect spot in Boston. That was his best hope of being productive. I'm rooting for him. I just don't think he'll be very good.
    Zach Randolph certainly proves you can be a below-the-rim PF that can be successful in the NBA. Sully has a high basketball IQ. It may take a couple of years, but I think he (like Z-bo) finds out how to use his body to score in the league. I'm not necessarily predicting Z-bo like production, but I would wager he plays double digit years and averages double digit points for his career.

  5. #319
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Zach Randolph certainly proves you can be a below-the-rim PF that can be successful in the NBA. Sully has a high basketball IQ. It may take a couple of years, but I think he (like Z-bo) finds out how to use his body to score in the league. I'm not necessarily predicting Z-bo like production, but I would wager he plays double digit years and averages double digit points for his career.
    That's a pretty dang good comparison right there.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  6. #320
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,371

    Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

    It's a fair comparision. But I think Randolph is a unique player. Sullinger's closest comp, IMO, may be DeJaun Blair, except he's not as good of a rebounder. Sullinger really struggled with guys with length in the NCAA. That's all he'll see on a nightly basis in the pros.

  7. #321
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    It's a fair comparision. But I think Randolph is a unique player. Sullinger's closest comp, IMO, may be DeJaun Blair, except he's not as good of a rebounder. Sullinger really struggled with guys with length in the NCAA. That's all he'll see on a nightly basis in the pros.
    Actually, I think it is a dead on comparison as to how both Sully and Zach were used in college. They were played out of position.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  8. #322
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,371

    Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Actually, I think it is a dead on comparison as to how both Sully and Zach were used in college. They were played out of position.
    Maybe a dead-on comparision to how they were used in college, I just simply meant I don't think Sullinger will be as good as Randolph has been. Randolph has more of a reliable jump shot, and at least in my eyes anyways, is more athletic. Maybe he can't jump over you, but he can move around you. Has great footwork. Granted I'm not a master basketball expert or anything, but I never got that impression watching Sullinger. I think he has a place in the pros as a solid guy off the bench. I don't think he's a starter, on a good team anyways.

  9. #323
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Maybe a dead-on comparision to how they were used in college, I just simply meant I don't think Sullinger will be as good as Randolph has been. Randolph has more of a reliable jump shot, and at least in my eyes anyways, is more athletic. Maybe he can't jump over you, but he can move around you. Has great footwork. Granted I'm not a master basketball expert or anything, but I never got that impression watching Sullinger. I think he has a place in the pros as a solid guy off the bench. I don't think he's a starter, on a good team anyways.
    I cant argue your sentiments at all. But dont always take what you see in college and translate it to the next level. Zach only played one year at MSU, Sully played two with the Bucks. Zach played with his back to the basket on a good Spartan team that always seems undersized but yet plays defense and rebounds well. Sully has played on two dang fine OSU teams, where he played center. They did not need him to shoot from the outside. They were blessed with other guys that filled that void. I think Sully will be fine, health issues aside, and surprise a lot of people. He does kind of remind me of a college legend.......and that would be Wayman Tisdale.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  10. #324
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,504

    Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

    Ohio State Basketball: 6 Ways OSU Can Rebound from Losing Sullinger and Buford

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-buford/page/7
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

  11. #325
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

    IMO, Sullinger is somewhere between Danny Fortson and Randolph, with Glen Davis his closest comp. As a Boston fan, I'm hoping for the playoff Davis, rather than the regular season.

    Next season, playing behind Garnett and (likely) Green, he's a likely 7-10 ppg/ 4-6 reb backup. As years go on, he might get up to 10/8 in limited minutes. In three years, when Garnett is gone (or Sullinger is able to leave via free agency), he could go for more.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  12. #326
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,308

    Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Maybe a dead-on comparision to how they were used in college, I just simply meant I don't think Sullinger will be as good as Randolph has been. Randolph has more of a reliable jump shot, and at least in my eyes anyways, is more athletic. Maybe he can't jump over you, but he can move around you. Has great footwork. Granted I'm not a master basketball expert or anything, but I never got that impression watching Sullinger. I think he has a place in the pros as a solid guy off the bench. I don't think he's a starter, on a good team anyways.
    Plus Randolp has a 7'6" wingspan and Sullinger's is like 7'1".

  13. #327
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Ohio State Basketball: 6 Ways OSU Can Rebound from Losing Sullinger and Buford

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-buford/page/7

    Some good stuff Rev. I think they will be fine this upcoming season and IMO a sleeper for a FF appearance.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25