Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Ewwwww. Maybe all of my talk in this regard has jinxed Sully, so I'll stop. Get healthy soon!
    Of course, the game wasn't on to see how things went, but the numbers weren't pretty against a bad team. Shot a sizzling 38%. Yuk.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I'm game under one qualifier: that Kentucky doesn't beat UNC by double-digits. If they win by 10 points or more, I think voters will be inclined to keep them at the top spot.

So yeah I'm game on that bet if Kentucky beats St. John's and UNC by <10.
    Maybe we should have made that sig bet. Kentucky with 19 first place votes to tOSU's 11.

This weekend will be a tough road test for both teams. Kentucky takes on an undefeated Indiana team that looks pretty good, while tOSU goes to Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Sullinger being out for a couple of weeks may make this team a better club going forward. With him in the lineup he was going to get the bulk of the minutes. With Sullinger on the bench for a week or two it may give his backups some quality PT in games. They may lose to Kansas but giving Ravanel and Williams some PT may just be the best thing for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Sullinger being out for a couple of weeks may make this team a better club going forward. With him in the lineup he was going to get the bulk of the minutes. With Sullinger on the bench for a week or two it may give his backups some quality PT in games. They may lose to Kansas but giving Ravanel and Williams some PT may just be the best thing for the team.
    According to yesterday's news, Matta seemed to be confident of his return for Kansas. Is there more recent news?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    According to yesterday's news, Matta seemed to be confident of his return for Kansas. Is there more recent news?
    No... they were merely sitting him as a precautionary measure. He's likely to play this week. A final decision will be made in the next day or two, assuming no setbacks.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

So what is Scrap going to pick out for Brutus' sig?

Brutus' new (two-week) sig:

Columbus, OH, home of scarlet-colored glasses since 1870

Very sad news. Former Buckeye Brent Darby has passed away at age 30.

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/b...arby-dies.html

Former OSU guard Brent Darby has died in a Detroit hospital. Apparently he was hospitalized last night with blood clots in his legs, potentially stemming from a heart surgery he had earlier this year. Horrible news.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Former OSU guard Brent Darby has died in a Detroit hospital. Apparently he was hospitalized last night with blood clots in his legs, potentially stemming from a heart surgery he had earlier this year. Horrible news.
    Definitely too early to pass on. I didn't used to bat an eye at these premature deaths when I was younger. I guess you just naturally feel invincible when you're a kid. But it's starting to get to the point in life where I realize how much that's not the case.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Definitely too early to pass on. I didn't used to bat an eye at these premature deaths when I was younger. I guess you just naturally feel invincible when you're a kid. But it's starting to get to the point in life where I realize how much that's not the case.
    I know what you mean. I'm 28. I had a class with Brent Darby. It just seems so weird that someone that young is no longer with us.

Umm... is Brutus welching on his bet?? Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Umm... is Brutus welching on his bet?? Just asking.
    There was never any bet actually made. There was talk of a bet... but that's all it was. No one ever agreed to any actual terms and said we're doing it. I was wrong either way, about my assertions, and in fact, Kentucky stayed atop the polls, so it really doesn't mater at this point.

I find it odd you care, however... especially since you were not involved in that banter. If you were so concerned by it, why are you just now, after the fact, chiming in?
    Last edited by Brutus; 12-07-2011 at 06:06 AM.

Just thought it was funny you were so adamant about something that, in fact, never happened.

BTW: Question for you Buckeye fans: Which team do you think is going to be better overall, last year's team or this year's team?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Just thought it was funny you were so adamant about something that, in fact, never happened.

BTW: Question for you Buckeye fans: Which team do you think is going to be better overall, last year's team or this year's team?
    Interesting question. Sullinger, Craft, and Bufford all should be better over last year, or at least you would hope. They will miss Lighty the most and I think they will miss Lauderdale as well. I think Diebler's skill set will be missed at times but think his overall game is replaceable. I also think the bench has the ability to be deeper and improve as the season goes along. The big wildcard is DeShaun Thomas. If he can buy into the system and be the player he has been so far this year they will be very dangerous.

I think last year's team was the best in college basketball. Caught a draw in the tournament and had match up problems with UK. I think this team may be better than last year's team but I think all of college basketball is better. Finally I am firm believer that you don't win with freshman. You don't win when you best players are freshman. In the end its all about match ups.

Turn Off Ads?