Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I brought up the South Carolina game to evidence Craft's agressive and physical brand of defense.
    It holds very little correlation to a different game. Each game has its own flow to it. Each game can have critical calls and no-calls. Saying that against South Carolina Craft plays an aggressive style of defense and trying to link it to a game played a couple of months later makes no correlation.

If your a fan of a team there are games in which you say the officiating was awful. Its the nature of sports. You hope that it doesn't matter, but in close games whistles matter. Enjoy your dream season while it lasts, don't come in and bash OSU fans because we think we got the raw end of a couple of foul calls against Michigan.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Wow, watching the last two minutes of the game and am reminded how much fishy stuff was going on. And I did correctly recall the announcer's claim that it was five charges called against Ohio St.

Valentine starting over the count out top, Craft closely guarding Burke, Valentine starts over the 5 second count twice, there was no penetration, all the activity was above the hash mark, Craft continued to closely guard. Bilas noted it during the broadcast. Burke eventually took Craft to the hoop and made the layup.

The Craft drive and no call, fouled by two guys. Again, Bilas notes it was "no call, not no foul."

The travel on Smith after he was knocked to the floor after a rebound.

I will say the charge on Smith was legit.

Bilas must be a Buckeyes homer announcer.

Ok, gonna go suck on some more sour grapes, sore loser that I am.

Just food for thought, Valentine is starting to show up with some fishy officiating in Buckeyes games. Announcers are noting it, its starting to look personal.
    Last edited by traderumor; 02-20-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Just food for thought, Valentine is starting to show up with some fishy officiating in Buckeyes games. Announcers are noting it, its starting to look personal.
    Small sample size? Valentine has done 5 OSU games this season. They won the 1st 3 (Florida, Duke, Michigan).

http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/te...ntine/schedule

That said, I think Valentine sucks and whether it is or not, it's always appears personal with him if he has to defend a call. It's just the way he is.

Also, these guys do way too many games. Valentine, for example, did 11 games in 9 different states in 4 different conferences in the last 2 weeks. I'd probably be a little starchy, too, with that schedule.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Small sample size? Valentine has done 5 OSU games this season. They won the 1st 3 (Florida, Duke, Michigan).

http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/te...ntine/schedule

That said, I think Valentine sucks and whether it is or not, it's always appears personal with him if he has to defend a call. It's just the way he is.

Also, these guys do way too many games. Valentine, for example, did 11 games in 9 different states in 4 different conferences in the last 2 weeks. I'd probably be a little starchy, too, with that schedule.
    They probably have to do that to maximize their income. Great point.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

"Fishy officiating"

"Its [sic] starting to look personal"

Yeah, sour grapes.

And the box score said four.

As to my supposed "dream season," my team is enjoying its first losing record in a long, long time. The fans have decided they have better things to do, and my team has already fired one coach and has employed another coach that's been in trouble with the NCAA-- twice-- for questionable recruiting practices.

Not only that, one of the losses included the other team fielding SIX players at the crucial time of the game, thereby allowing said team to win with a layup in the closing seconds, all without the officials or the WKU coach knowing.

Sigh.
    Last edited by Scrap Irony; 02-20-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

They probably have to do that to maximize their income. Great point.
    I know a couple guys that do a few A-10 and MAC games on weekends and will maybe do a local JUCO, D3, or NAIA game during the week, while still having their "real" jobs during the winter.

A guy like Valentine is probably retired from whatever real job he might have once had. Not a way I'd want to try and make a living.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    "Fishy officiating"

"Its [sic] starting to look personal"

Yeah, sour grapes.

And the box score said four.

As to my supposed "dream season," my team is enjoying its first losing record in a long, long time. The fans have decided they have better things to do, and my team has already fired one coach and has employed another coach that's been in trouble with the NCAA-- twice-- for questionable recruiting practices.

Not only that, one of the losses included the other team fielding SIX players at the crucial time of the game, thereby allowing said team to win with a layup in the closing seconds, all without the officials or the WKU coach knowing.

Sigh.
    You misquoted me. I said "fishy stuff."
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Heh, looks like they've cleaned up their shooting so far tonight vs. Illinois.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

...and that's why you make your free throws.
    Choo got it, dude.

That's a tough one. They're really hurting themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

This team is officially underachieving. Gotta make an adjustment on offense to get Sullinger the ball. He's just not getting enough touches.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Frustrating right now. They just aren't playing great ball right now. I think Thad is actually coaching a little different this season than he has in the past. I tend to think that he is getting his team ready for the tournament, something he didn't do too well in the past 2 seasons.

I don't know what hasn't been clicking as of late. They were sloppy against Wisconsin trying to feed the post. It was almost like an edict to try it this way during the game. It was almost as if he was trying thing things out during game action. He also is getting Scott and Thompson more meaningful minutes in critical games. Scott isn't going to make any shots, but if Craft goes down with 2 fouls early Scott being able to run the point is a good thing.

Who knows with this team. They are one of the handful of teams that has the talent to win it all. They just haven't been winning games lately.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Frustrating right now. They just aren't playing great ball right now. I think Thad is actually coaching a little different this season than he has in the past. I tend to think that he is getting his team ready for the tournament, something he didn't do too well in the past 2 seasons.

I don't know what hasn't been clicking as of late. They were sloppy against Wisconsin trying to feed the post. It was almost like an edict to try it this way during the game. It was almost as if he was trying thing things out during game action. He also is getting Scott and Thompson more meaningful minutes in critical games. Scott isn't going to make any shots, but if Craft goes down with 2 fouls early Scott being able to run the point is a good thing.

Who knows with this team. They are one of the handful of teams that has the talent to win it all. They just haven't been winning games lately.
    Maybe they're as bored with winning the conference then taking an early exit in the tourney as I am. However, I'm becoming less and less of a fan of using so few guys off the bench. Wearing out your key guys in the regular season is not a good way to make a run in the tourney.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

I don't see the talent that everyone in the national media raves about. I've been critical of this team from day one, and they haven't done anything to ease my criticism. They don't play as a team, they can't shoot, they can't get to the basket, they're not good at feeding their big man. And when they do, he's undersized and against longer opponents gets shut down rather easily. This is a good team. But a lot of good teams make the tournament every year and see quick exits. This team was overrated from the beginning. The freshman he brought in are overrated, and the seniors that left last year (Lighty, Diebler, Lauderdale) are BIG TIME underrated.

This team is officially underachieving. Gotta make an adjustment on offense to get Sullinger the ball. He's just not getting enough touches.
    Following IU games on through Twitter, one can usually observe a good 4 minute stretch of "PASS THE #&#&! BALL To CODY!" Sounds like Ohio State has similar issues.

I feel certain they'll straighten that out.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?