Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Well poopy. Lose to Kansas or lose to UK?

Every year, only one team's fans in any sport don't go home disappointed every season. There is no fun way to lose a close game and there are always "if only's" abounding when you're on the short end.
    Just disappointment in a game they never should have lost. I think Thad made the fatal mistake of waiting too long to put Thomas back into the game with 4 fouls. In a lose of go home game he should have been in their much earlier. The offense really struggled without him in there.

Now comes the time when you wonder who will go and who will stay. As long as Thomas stays OSU will be right up there again. If Thomas and Sullinger, I think Sullinger is gone, it could be a tough year in Columbus next season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Just disappointment in a game they never should have lost. I think Thad made the fatal mistake of waiting too long to put Thomas back into the game with 4 fouls. In a lose of go home game he should have been in their much earlier. The offense really struggled without him in there.

Now comes the time when you wonder who will go and who will stay. As long as Thomas stays OSU will be right up there again. If Thomas and Sullinger, I think Sullinger is gone, it could be a tough year in Columbus next season.
    I thought Sullinger should have went last year. I think is stock has went down since. Hopefully he sticks around for another year.

I dont think Thomas is ready, but money talks.

I have no idea what the Bucks have coming in next year. But if those two bolt, it will be an interesting year next season.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I thought Sullinger should have went last year. I think is stock has went down since. Hopefully he sticks around for another year.

I have no idea what the Bucks have coming in next year. But if those two bolt, it will be an interesting year next season.
    Thomas isn't ready but I don't doubt anything. The thing with Thomas is that he blew up in the tournament. How many times have we seen a guy go nuts in the tournament and then head to the pros?

Sullinger I have a feeling is a 50/50 decision right now. From everything I know he doesn't "need" to go to the pros and has a very nice support system for him at OSU. He has some things he needs to work on but is the NBA calling?

OSU's recruiting class this past season was loaded. They are going to need Scott, Willimans, and Thompson to improve their overall game. The one wild card is LaQuinten Ross, a highly rated prospect who gained eligability late. He wasn't on the court much this season, but when he played you could see he has the ability to be special.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

This is the year that everybody leaves IMO. Although if Thomas comes back, he could be a POY candidate for sure. College basketball as a whole will be down next year with the NBA labor situation settled and people are ready to cash in. I'd say Sullinger is gone if he is a top 10 pick.

The biggest risk for Sullinger is his back and overall athleticism. The latter is something that can be fixed at the next level. If he still has back issues, it could get interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Thomas had a pretty dang good year, which was capped in the NCAA. There have been more rumors about him going than Sullinger. I see where they are coming from. If I was their age and had the ability to sign a multimillion dollar contract, I'd do it before someone changed their mind

With that said, it is always sad to see guys leave early just from the standpoint of they go to play an inferior, boring, mundane brand of basketball, probably the lamest brand out there. The NBA is unwatchable and when guys leave college, I lose track of them.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Sullinger needs to stay 4 years. If he didn't go last year, no need in going until after 4. I'm no sure how his game translate in the NBA considering he seems to get soft at times. I never really was impressed with him. I mean, I think he's good, I just don't see how he's as good as he was hyped up last year. I think he cost himself a lot of money not going last year so he's better off staying four years.

All good stuff fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Sullinger needs to stay 4 years. If he didn't go last year, no need in going until after 4. I'm no sure how his game translate in the NBA considering he seems to get soft at times. I never really was impressed with him. I mean, I think he's good, I just don't see how he's as good as he was hyped up last year. I think he cost himself a lot of money not going last year so he's better off staying four years.
    Sullinger is a Top 10 pick and given the physical style he plays should absolutely go pro now. I think his game is very similar to Kevin Love's and that has seemed to translate pretty well to the NBA.

Thomas should probably stay, but I think he has family issues and might need to go for the cash grab.

That loss sucked BTW. I think I read that OSU has lost it's last 4 tournament games by a combined 9 points.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Sullinger is a Top 10 pick and given the physical style he plays should absolutely go pro now. I think his game is very similar to Kevin Love's and that has seemed to translate pretty well to the NBA.

Thomas should probably stay, but I think he has family issues and might need to go for the cash grab.

That loss sucked BTW. I think I read that OSU has lost it's last 4 tournament games by a combined 9 points.
    Whoooaaaaa. Kevin Love is ELITE. I don't think Sullinger is even a starter in the league, let alone Kevin Love. Sullinger most reminds me of someone like Glen Davis or Dejuan Blair. A nice player. But he has severe limitations. EVERY team in the NBA throws length at you, there's no running from it. He's going to really struggle with that. And he doesn't have the range that Love has, nor the passing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Whoooaaaaa. Kevin Love is ELITE. I don't think Sullinger is even a starter in the league, let alone Kevin Love. Sullinger most reminds me of someone like Glen Davis or Dejuan Blair. A nice player. But he has severe limitations. EVERY team in the NBA throws length at you, there's no running from it. He's going to really struggle with that. And he doesn't have the range that Love has, nor the passing ability.
    LOL....he aint no Love. However he is projected as a Top 5 pick. I think he will find his niche. I dont think he reminds me of Davis or Blair. To me he is more like Brand or Boozer.

LOL....he aint no Love. However he is projected as a Top 5 pick. I think he will find his niche. I dont think he reminds me of Davis or Blair. To me he is more like Brand or Boozer.
    Boozer is good. Brand was way more athletic when he was younger.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I don't watch much if any NBA basketball. I do think that players really don't develop when they get to the league. It almost seems like players are who they are when they arrive. Sullinger and Thomas have things to work on. Sullinger if he wants to be a good NBA player needs to hit the mid-range shot with consistancy. Thomas can score but I think he needs to learn more how to score off the bounce as well and pick up his game on defense.

I agree with you bucksfan on your takes on Sullinger and Thomas. But the NBA is a different game. There have been quite a few guys in the past that have dominated the college game only to fail or have lack luster careers in the pros. Conversely, there have been quite a few that were average players in college that had great careers in the NBA. Sometimes you just never know how a player is gonna adapt to the pro game.

JMO, but Kevin Love is a hugely better pro than he ever was as a college player.

He has really re-made his body and his game and is a beast now. He was a bit soft as a college player and is anything but that now. Sullinger would be well-advised to emulate what Love did.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    JMO, but Kevin Love is a hugely better pro than he ever was as a college player.

He has really re-made his body and his game and is a beast now. He was a bit soft as a college player and is anything but that now. Sullinger would be well-advised to emulate what Love did.
    I agree with ya Roy. But as I said you will never know how they adapt to the NBA. In college, a coach uses a player a certain way within his system. Heck, I never knew Patrick Ewing could hit an 18 foot jumper until he got into the NBA!!!!!!!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?