Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

Re: 2011-2012 Buckeyes Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Sullinger will have a more productive career than at least half of the players drafted ahead of him.
    Sullinger had issues that cost him a couple of games this past season at OSU. Its not like he was plagued the entier season missing games every other week with a bad back. I think this is an over reaction that often comes around draft time.

Sullinger would have been best served to be drafted high by going last year. As a player I think Sullinger learned quite a bit this past season at OSU. I don't think he will ever be an All Star level player year in year out. But I do think he will be a very good cog on teams for a long time. The later you go the better team you end up on.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't think that Sullinger is athletic enough to be very successful in the league. He's a back to the basket guy that can't do that in the pros. I think he landed in a perfect spot in Boston. That was his best hope of being productive. I'm rooting for him. I just don't think he'll be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I don't think that Sullinger is athletic enough to be very successful in the league. He's a back to the basket guy that can't do that in the pros. I think he landed in a perfect spot in Boston. That was his best hope of being productive. I'm rooting for him. I just don't think he'll be very good.
    Zach Randolph certainly proves you can be a below-the-rim PF that can be successful in the NBA. Sully has a high basketball IQ. It may take a couple of years, but I think he (like Z-bo) finds out how to use his body to score in the league. I'm not necessarily predicting Z-bo like production, but I would wager he plays double digit years and averages double digit points for his career.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Zach Randolph certainly proves you can be a below-the-rim PF that can be successful in the NBA. Sully has a high basketball IQ. It may take a couple of years, but I think he (like Z-bo) finds out how to use his body to score in the league. I'm not necessarily predicting Z-bo like production, but I would wager he plays double digit years and averages double digit points for his career.
    That's a pretty dang good comparison right there.

It's a fair comparision. But I think Randolph is a unique player. Sullinger's closest comp, IMO, may be DeJaun Blair, except he's not as good of a rebounder. Sullinger really struggled with guys with length in the NCAA. That's all he'll see on a nightly basis in the pros.

It's a fair comparision. But I think Randolph is a unique player. Sullinger's closest comp, IMO, may be DeJaun Blair, except he's not as good of a rebounder. Sullinger really struggled with guys with length in the NCAA. That's all he'll see on a nightly basis in the pros.
    Actually, I think it is a dead on comparison as to how both Sully and Zach were used in college. They were played out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Actually, I think it is a dead on comparison as to how both Sully and Zach were used in college. They were played out of position.
    Maybe a dead-on comparision to how they were used in college, I just simply meant I don't think Sullinger will be as good as Randolph has been. Randolph has more of a reliable jump shot, and at least in my eyes anyways, is more athletic. Maybe he can't jump over you, but he can move around you. Has great footwork. Granted I'm not a master basketball expert or anything, but I never got that impression watching Sullinger. I think he has a place in the pros as a solid guy off the bench. I don't think he's a starter, on a good team anyways.

Maybe a dead-on comparision to how they were used in college, I just simply meant I don't think Sullinger will be as good as Randolph has been. Randolph has more of a reliable jump shot, and at least in my eyes anyways, is more athletic. Maybe he can't jump over you, but he can move around you. Has great footwork. Granted I'm not a master basketball expert or anything, but I never got that impression watching Sullinger. I think he has a place in the pros as a solid guy off the bench. I don't think he's a starter, on a good team anyways.
    I cant argue your sentiments at all. But dont always take what you see in college and translate it to the next level. Zach only played one year at MSU, Sully played two with the Bucks. Zach played with his back to the basket on a good Spartan team that always seems undersized but yet plays defense and rebounds well. Sully has played on two dang fine OSU teams, where he played center. They did not need him to shoot from the outside. They were blessed with other guys that filled that void. I think Sully will be fine, health issues aside, and surprise a lot of people. He does kind of remind me of a college legend.......and that would be Wayman Tisdale.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Ohio State Basketball: 6 Ways OSU Can Rebound from Losing Sullinger and Buford

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-buford/page/7
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

IMO, Sullinger is somewhere between Danny Fortson and Randolph, with Glen Davis his closest comp. As a Boston fan, I'm hoping for the playoff Davis, rather than the regular season.

Next season, playing behind Garnett and (likely) Green, he's a likely 7-10 ppg/ 4-6 reb backup. As years go on, he might get up to 10/8 in limited minutes. In three years, when Garnett is gone (or Sullinger is able to leave via free agency), he could go for more.

Plus Randolp has a 7'6" wingspan and Sullinger's is like 7'1".
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Ohio State Basketball: 6 Ways OSU Can Rebound from Losing Sullinger and Buford

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-buford/page/7

Some good stuff Rev. I think they will be fine this upcoming season and IMO a sleeper for a FF appearance.

Turn Off Ads?