Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday 2011

Black Friday 2011

I don't know how many of y'all are into shopping on Black Friday, but this year seems to be a doozy.

http://www.blackfriday2011.com/ads

I mean Target has a 46' LCD tv for $298 this year...I bought my 42' for $450 last year at this time! Lot's of "toys" have really good deals, as well as those practical things....but who cares about that. It's about they TOYS! haha
    Let's make some noise!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Re: Black Friday 2011

Sweet. I have never partaken in Black Friday but I kinda want to now. What should I expect?

I walked out of Kohls today because the line was insane, you can keep black Friday. Online shopping for me!
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

I'm gonna try to get one of those 42 inch 1080p LCDs for $199 at Best Buy. I don't think Sharp is the greatest brand or anything, but that's a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I'm gonna try to get one of those 42 inch 1080p LCDs for $199 at Best Buy. I don't think Sharp is the greatest brand or anything, but that's a steal.
    That's the deal I'm the most interested in as well. It said limit 10 per store...I've never participated in Black Friday before so with the doors opening at midnight how far in advance should I get up there if I want to assure myself one of those tvs?

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Wednesday? Depending on the store location, I may or may not be kidding. Word is out that the Best Buy ad is better than usual, and having a midnight opening instead of 5:00 a.m. is probably going to make it even more crowded.

I've done Black Friday a few times but I'm not hardcore about it, no camping out. We're staying home for once instead of traveling, and we haven't gotten into Christmas lists yet, so I don't know where or if I'm going out this time.

Oh, and when it says "10 per store" that's just the minimum number they guarantee having at each location. Depending on the store, there could be more.
    Not all who wander are lost

I always go fishing at Dale Hollow that weekend, but my wife and daughters always hit the stores on Black Friday. Not sure what they will do with the stores opening at different times this year.
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

To get some of those really good deals you have to basically camp outside the stores to have a chance to get them.

Last year I did my shopping online and was able to get a 42 inch Panasonic Vera plasma TV for $299 from buy.com and a 2 TB Western Digital external hard drive for around $55 from staples.com.

Side note, that I discovered a couple of years ago, the malls are pretty dead that evening (obviously the super deals are gone and people are worn out), but if you have a small one and want to get a picture with santa, I've noticed over the last couple of years that the line is next to nothing that night.

I avoid BF like the plague since I had a couple "incidents" with people in years past at them. It's like starving stray dogs, in the middle of the street, fighting over the last scrap of food.

I've always shopped on-line and find just as good a deals. I am shopping this year for a 37"-40" TV though.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Lots of good apps for Black Friday shopping smartphone users.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I avoid BF like the plague since I had a couple "incidents" with people in years past at them. It's like starving stray dogs, in the middle of the street, fighting over the last scrap of food.

I've always shopped on-line and find just as good a deals. I am shopping this year for a 37"-40" TV though.
    This^^^^^^
    Got a few good deals last year but it was none of the BIG stuff like TVs, etc. and it was in the afternoon so the crowds had thinned out.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 3-4
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 1-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Stat geek...and proud
    I just went to Best Buy for the ASUS tablet. Never again. Gotta go back shortly and cash in my ticket.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

When Black Friday comes
    I'm gonna dig myself a hole
    Gonna lay down in it 'til
    I satisfy my soul

A find it akin to a zombie infestation, where a bunch of mindless drones are on the attack after something they usually do not truly understand, leaving behind them a trail of destruction.
    I'm one of those lucky people who gets to be on the working side of it. I loath these days.

Turn Off Ads?