Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black Friday 2011

Re: Black Friday 2011

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    So I'm looking on-line.
    Check out Amazon and NewEgg this weekend. I got my 42' tv two years ago on Black Friday through NewEgg, think I paid $500 which was a good deal back then.

Actually just saw a 40' 1080 LED tv for $400 on Amazon in their Black Friday lightning deals. Just have to keep an eye out.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

anyone thats looking for an Xbox 360 4GB w/ Kinect can still get it for $199.99 + taxes (and maybe shipping, though it says free shipping) at the Microsoft Store:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ylz0tnkosnnllr

Went to Wal-Mart in Eaton with my girlfriend and her mom Thursday night for their two big sales at 10pm and midnight.

A 16-yr old girl got punched in the face by a middle aged man over some towels. No joke. Black Friday is teh suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

I think the hoopla and a chaos is a turnoff to customers like me. I hate crowds. I do most of my shopping online and am able to score better deals.

Went to Walmart today and bought an Emerson 37" LED HDTV for $300.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Went to Wal-Mart in Eaton with my girlfriend and her mom Thursday night for their two big sales at 10pm and midnight.

A 16-yr old girl got punched in the face by a middle aged man over some towels. No joke. Black Friday is teh suck.
    Good lord, don't go to Eaton!

Just kidding, kind of. Small town Wal-Marts are the worst. Bigger town Wal-Marts aren't much better.

I refuse to get stampeded into marketing-driven rampant consumerism.

Get off my lawn, punks.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I think the hoopla and a chaos is a turnoff to customers like me. I hate crowds. I do most of my shopping online and am able to score better deals.
    I do most of my shopping on line now days. Most of the websites I use offer free shipping (and most are tax free) without the hassle of leaving my house. I don't like crowds, don't like constant pestering from workers, don't like to wait around while my wife looks everything over for a 3rd time. I can do all my shopping in the matter of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Went to Walmart today and bought an Emerson 37" LED HDTV for $300.
    Emerson sucks, GAC. Save that receipt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I didn't really go to the stores much. I hit up Wal-Mart in the afternoon to get some PS3 games but they were sold out of what I wanted. There was a gamestop close by and I went and got Madden 12, Dirt 3, and NBA 2K12 used for around 60 bucks total. They were having a buy 2 get 1 free for Power Up members.

Online I ordered a new 32 inch 1080p Vizio for $220, but I did that before Thanksgiving. On their website they have some crazy deals on limited quantity items. I also ordered 8GB of ram for my laptop for 35 bucks, and got my step dad a 16MP cyber shot camera for 99 dollars.

All in all I found some good deals and didn't have to mess with the crazy crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Emerson sucks, GAC. Save that receipt.
    Emerson is made by Magnovox. And I've had Emerson's before. I currently have two that are 5 yrs old, and had no problems. It took a house fire to destroy the other two I had. LOL

[But I got the 3 yr service plan for $30]
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

thorn

Bought a laptop at best buy on Friday, paid 449, not the one I wanted but the wife really wanted a new laptop, slight discount but not much. Well, yesterday I looked on line, the exact same laptop is now 299 in store, yep $150 less. Went to best buy and they didn't want to give me back the difference at first, called the manager told him how much time we would be wasting for me to bring back the other, get a full refund, then buy the new one, he agreed, gave me back my $150. Apparently they don't want to do price exchanges for black Friday items. My advice is skip black Friday unless there is a item that is real cheap and you want it, buy the week after black Friday, especially at amazon, love that site.

Turn Off Ads?