Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 66 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

The other thread is nearing 1,000 replies, so please continue all discussions here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Well I think the fact that it's mid-November and people are still interested enough in the team to necessitate a second thread demonstrates how much they've exceeded expectations.

No team I've ever rooted for has exceeded expectations as much as this one. I couldn't be happier with how things have turned out this year for them.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I agree. Prior to this year, I had season tickets for the past six years, and like many, I non-renewed this past offseason. While I don't regret that decision one bit, I'm thoroughly enjoying this season because my expectations were so low, and through nine games, I'm thrilled to be wrong. FWIW, I did go to the Steelers game.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    No team I've ever rooted for has exceeded expectations as much as this one. I couldn't be happier with how things have turned out this year for them.
    There have been very few teams that were as fun to watch as these Bengals. You have youth, hope, and also exceeding expectation. This team reminds me a lot of the 2010 Reds. Just a pleasure to watch.

Looks like no AJ this week.

Gonna take a huge performance by Ced to win

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Looks like no AJ this week.

Gonna take a huge performance by Ced to win
    Or Stickum spray for Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Or Stickum spray for Simpson.
    or get Gresham more involved

Well AJ said he's a game-time decision, so I wouldn't rule him out just yet. Definitely a tough break for us, but we can still win a low-scoring, close ballgame even without him.

The game this week doesn't just hinge on AJ. There's Dunlap, PacMan and others too.

I don't like our chances without AJ but I'm going to watch it anyway...

AJ, Clements, and Pacman all did not practice yesterday. Without all three, the Bengals should be 20 point underdogs. Who the hell is going to play CB?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    AJ, Clements, and Pacman all did not practice yesterday. Without all three, the Bengals should be 20 point underdogs. Who the hell is going to play CB?
    Our defensive line can still get pressure on Flacco, and the Ravens aren't nearly good enough to ever be favored by 20 points over us. Certainly we're in a tough spot if those guys can't go, but I'd hardly say we don't have a shot. This same Ravens team has lost to Jacksonville, Seattle and Tennessee this season (all teams we've taken care of), so they're not exactly a juggernaut.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Clements always takes Wednesday off, it a veteran's maintenance day for him. He was back today.

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but what in the world was Gruden thinking running a reverse with AJ Green after his knee injury? That was insane. They were lucky that Green wasn't immediately lost for the year, and then they press their luck by running a play that puts a huge amount of pressure on his knees. It was so idiotic I darn near spit out my drink. To no one's surprise, at least not mine, Green didn't go in for another play that game.

This is tough to say, but if I'm the Bengals, I don't play Green Sunday and I don't think twice about it. He's obviously amazing, but he's not 100% and there's an excellent chance he'll further his injury. Rest him for a week and let him come back close to normal.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but what in the world was Gruden thinking running a reverse with AJ Green after his knee injury? That was insane. They were lucky that Green wasn't immediately lost for the year, and then they press their luck by running a play that puts a huge amount of pressure on his knees. It was so idiotic I darn near spit out my drink. To no one's surprise, at least not mine, Green didn't go in for another play that game.

This is tough to say, but if I'm the Bengals, I don't play Green Sunday and I don't think twice about it. He's obviously amazing, but he's not 100% and there's an excellent chance he'll further his injury. Rest him for a week and let him come back close to normal.
    I don't see where that play was any worse than letting him run a route where he might run after the catch. If he can't run a reverse, then he can't run a route and shouldn't be on the field, which is what turned out to be the verdict.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?