Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

The biggest similarity between the Bengals and Falcons, is that both teams have terrible secondary play.

My early wishlist for the draft.

Two corners in the first round. Leon Hall's injury may force him to safety, his game is suited to play free safety, if the injury limits him. Corners are a premium position.

Offensive Guards, this depends on how much Clint Boling improves in the offseason. Many of us loved that pick, but it just goes to show, how depending on rookies, doesn't always work in the NFL. I would prefer an experienced guy from Free Agency. Nate Livings should be a backup, Bobby Williams has slowed down as well. Gotta improve here.

A Defensive Tackle is a must at some point. A run plugger would be nice.

Runningback, there are running backs all over this draft, from Trent Richardson all the way to Boom Herron and Isiah Pead. A player I like is Chris Polk from Washington.

Wide Receiver, Jerome Simpson is likely gone, his dope ring thing and inconsistent play don't compliment AJ Green well. I don't think the market will be huge on him because of the off field issues, so I suspect the price will be right for Mike Brown. I just don't want to bring him back and then, have no backup plan when he goes to jail. Watch out for Devier Posey here. Cincinnati kid, played at Ohio State, perceived to be a mid to late round pick with upside. He could eventually slot into a number 2 role.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post

Wide Receiver, Jerome Simpson is likely gone, his dope ring thing and inconsistent play don't compliment AJ Green well. I don't think the market will be huge on him because of the off field issues, so I suspect the price will be right for Mike Brown. I just don't want to bring him back and then, have no backup plan when he goes to jail. Watch out for Devier Posey here. Cincinnati kid, played at Ohio State, perceived to be a mid to late round pick with upside. He could eventually slot into a number 2 role.
    Overall I agree with your draft needs but differ on a couple. First they have good run plugging DT's. They need good run stopping LB's. Second they do have a receiver capable of being a very effective in the slot - Jordan Shipley. Although another burner wouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    Overall I agree with your draft needs but differ on a couple. First they have good run plugging DT's. They need good run stopping LB's. Second they do have a receiver capable of being a very effective in the slot - Jordan Shipley. Although another burner wouldn't hurt.
    Yeah but Fanene and Rucker are both FA if IIRC. The strength of the line wasn't in any one individual but in the fact there was little drop off as you rotated guys in and out. Once Sims was out and the others were dinged, you noticed a pretty big drop in production. Nothing wrong with counting on depth except for the fact you're looking at much of the depth leaving. I wouldn't mind having at least one bonafide stud to team up with Peko.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Sims, Rucker, and Fanene are all unrestricted free agents. Can't sign them all. I agree on Shipley but this team needs another outside deep threat.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I wouldn't mind having at least one bonafide stud to team up with Peko.
    Geno Atkins?

I do agree they will need address DL depth. Hopefully they can retain at least two of three prior to FA starting and draft another.

My dream offseason would be for the Bengals to sign one of Ben Grubbs or Carl Nicks AND LaRon Landry. They could make it happen because they will have the most cap space in the league. Using it will be a different story.

Then in the draft, I love the if either/both Kuechly and DeCastro fell to them in the first then grab a corner in the second, running back in the third.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    The biggest similarity between the Bengals and Falcons, is that both teams have terrible secondary play.

My early wishlist for the draft.

Two corners in the first round. Leon Hall's injury may force him to safety, his game is suited to play free safety, if the injury limits him. Corners are a premium position.

Offensive Guards, this depends on how much Clint Boling improves in the offseason. Many of us loved that pick, but it just goes to show, how depending on rookies, doesn't always work in the NFL. I would prefer an experienced guy from Free Agency. Nate Livings should be a backup, Bobby Williams has slowed down as well. Gotta improve here.

Runningback, there are running backs all over this draft, from Trent Richardson all the way to Boom Herron and Isiah Pead. A player I like is Chris Polk from Washington.

I'm surprised you're putting DT so high on the list. Who do you want him to replace on the depth chart, Peko or Atkins?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm surprised you're putting DT so high on the list. Who do you want him to replace on the depth chart, Peko or Atkins?
    Not replace those two. Just quality depth for the rotation.

Geno Atkins?

I do agree they will need address DL depth. Hopefully they can retain at least two of three prior to FA starting and draft another.

My dream offseason would be for the Bengals to sign one of Ben Grubbs or Carl Nicks AND LaRon Landry. They could make it happen because they will have the most cap space in the league. Using it will be a different story.

Then in the draft, I love the if either/both Kuechly and DeCastro fell to them in the first then grab a corner in the second, running back in the third.
    No you're right. Atkins had a great year, but it seemed like everyone's production dropped off when the line thinned out. Atkins and Peko were forced to play an increases number of snaps and their play suffered.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I wish the Bengals could find some package to trade up for Trent Richardson. They better not bring back Benson.

Our old friend Hue Jackson just got fired by the Raiders. Not that surprising considering what he gave up to get Carson. You kinda knew at the time that he better find a way to make that trade work or he was toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Our old friend Hue Jackson just got fired by the Raiders. Not that surprising considering what he gave up to get Carson. You kinda knew at the time that he better find a way to make that trade work or he was toast.
    Carson can't be too happy about now. I wonder what the new GM and coach think about Carson

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    How he acted the last few weeks likely played a big role in him getting fired.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    How he acted the last few weeks likely played a big role in him getting fired.
    I don't know about that. The newly hired GM just fired him and the last few weeks that you speak of Reggie McKenzie was working far away from Oakland in Green Bay. I doubt if any of that ticked off McKenzie 2000 miles away

Here's a scenario for you right off the top of my head: I wonder if the Raiders sign GB FA Matt Flynn to play QB and trade Carson to Pete Carroll in Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't know about that. The newly hired GM just fired him and the last few weeks that you speak of Reggie McKenzie was working far away from Oakland in Green Bay. I doubt if any of that ticked off McKenzie 2000 miles away

Here's a scenario for you right off the top of my head: I wonder if the Raiders sign GB FA Matt Flynn to play QB and trade Carson to Pete Carroll in Seattle?
    Hue made it pretty clear he wanted more power including him wanting to help pick his own boss.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Hue made it pretty clear he wanted more power including him wanting to help pick his own boss.
    If that's the case then Cincinnati's not going to be a good place for him

Turn Off Ads?