Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Jeremy Lin

You buying him?

I don't think he'll get quite as much attention as Tebow did but he's been playing well. We'll see what happens when scouting reports get out on this guy and teams start gearing their defenses toward him. One thing in his favor is that he's smart and especially when Amar'e and Carmelo come back he'll be able to pick and choose his spots and become more of a distributor.

A second thing in his favor is that, while D'Antoni has lots of problems as a head coach, he does get guys going on offense pretty well. He's also apparently a pretty good defender.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Jeremy Lin

And now Lin is The Next Big Thing — the NBA’s (forgive me) version of Tebowmania, although as someone commented on Twitter earlier this week: @BrianPickett: Comparing Jeremy Lin to Tim Tebow is really insulting to Lin’s passing ability.
    http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/201...start/related/
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Best story in the NBA this year. This guy came outta nowhere, and obviously being in NY this story is even bigger. He's really good...I dunno if his jumper will be there every night, but he looks like he knows what he's doing. And we all know a D'Antoni offense can be amazing with a good PG.

I saw Lin score 28 points for Erie in the D-League in a game shown on NBA TV a few weeks ago. I am a huge college basketball fan and pride myself in knowing just about player's alma mater, but I had no idea who Lin was. I thought maybe he came from Europe, but played his college hoops at Harvard. I do know this, Lin is strong with the ball and obviously has an above-average jumper.
    I'm really happy for this young man. He has preservered and made the most of his opportunity. It's a story a lot of people can really get behind. Hope he can stick in the NBA for many years.

jredmo2

The Tebow comparison worked for me until last night. The dude is legit. Granted, it's no shock that Derek Fisher was completely out of his element, but they did NOT expect Lin to hit those pull-up shots. He's a legit PG; he'll be nasty with Amare. I mean, Amare's game is pick and roll, that's how he built his career.

D'Antoni is either a pure genius, or he just lucked into another Steve Nash. So far.

I think one big difference between the two is their college career. Tebow played major college football and was the best player if you go by his Heisman Trophy. Lin is more like Ryan Fitzpatrick than Tim Tebow

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

This kid was incredibly good last night. It's tough not to root for him.

Everyone seems to be talking about him, so he must be doing something right.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

He played for Dallas in the summer league when he graduated Harvard. He went head to head with Wall in a game and held his own really well. Looks like he is pretty similiar to Nash in that he understands the system Coach D'antoni runs. He is definitely fun to watch but we will see how he does when Melo gets back and needs the ball all the time.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    He played for Dallas in the summer league when he graduated Harvard. He went head to head with Wall in a game and held his own really well. Looks like he is pretty similiar to Nash in that he understands the system Coach D'antoni runs. He is definitely fun to watch but we will see how he does when Melo gets back and needs the ball all the time.
    That's sort of the thing... Until last night he hadn't taken a bunch of shots.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I couldn't agree more. IMO, Melo is one of the most overrated players of this generation. It will be interesting to see if Melo can restrain himself from putting up 25 shots a night.

I couldn't agree more. IMO, Melo is one of the most overrated players of this generation. It will be interesting to see if Melo can restrain himself from putting up 25 shots a night.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharync View Post
    Melo was actually leading the team in assists per game, so I wouldn't be concerned about him meshing with Lin. That stated, we can certainly question the mega-deal which brought C.A to NY last year...The Knicks payed through the teeth for him. Then again, if Raymond Felton hadn't been dealt in the aforementioned deal, the Lin story never materializes in New York.

IMHO, it's nice to see the Knicks relevant again if they can keep it up--this stated by a Pacers fan.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

20 points and 8 assists for Lin in tonights victory over Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio and the Timberwolves, who are no longer a pushover. Steve Novak's timely 3-point shooting should not go unnoticed during this winning streak, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Steve Novak's timely 3-point shooting should not go unnoticed during this winning streak, as well.
    Ring out Ahoya!

Turn Off Ads?