Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2/18/2012... How'd it feel to be a Buckeye?

2/18/2012... How'd it feel to be a Buckeye?

Between losing to Michigan on the hardwood, and watching 6 four star recruits commit to Michigan for the 2013 football class, how was your day?

Mine was pretty good. Thanks for reading.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2/18/2012... How'd it feel to be a Buckeye?

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Between losing to Michigan on the hardwood, and watching 6 four star recruits commit to Michigan for the 2013 football class, how was your day?

Mine was pretty good. Thanks for reading.
    Do you seriously think OSU fans are worried about scUM football? Perhaps you haven't been paying attention to the elite program that Urban Meyer is building in Columbus (though I suspect you have and it's your worst nightmare). Ohio State is already well on its way to claiming the top 2013 recruiting class, and this on the heels of the Big Ten's top recruiting class this year. And you better pray that Urban doesn't decide he wants any of those players who verballed to scUM, because he'll get who he wants. There's little doubt that current scUM 2013 verbal Dymonte Thomas will flip to OSU before next February, just like Urban was able to get a couple of kids this year who were going to go to scUM but flipped to OSU.

But if I were you, I wouldn't worry about the Buckeyes just yet. I'd be more concerned with the fact that you're the No. 2 team in your own state in both football and basketball. Might want to do something about that elephant in the room before you think you're on Ohio's level again. Frankly, as an OSU football fan, I'm far more concerned with the Spartans. They beat us more than you do.

As for basketball, Kentucky's going to win the whole thing. Everything else is background noise.
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 02-19-2012 at 01:25 AM.

It feels pretty good actually. You only beat your rival in football one time out of eight (nice .125 average there), and the one year your team can actually pull out a squeaker comes at the same time that Buckeye fans are as optimistic as ever because of the Urban Meyer hiring. You can't even revel in Buckeye fans' misery because we'll all so pumped for the future and another long stretch of Michigan domination that this blip on the screen isn't even that painful. Really, it doesn't suck to be a Buckeye fan at all.

I too ate a big plate of denial during the RRod years. Tastes ok at the time, but it's not good for the stomach...

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

I too ate a big plate of denial during the RRod years. Tastes ok at the time, but it's not good for the stomach...
    This post should be nominated for the most peculiar response ever.

Denial? OSU fans just watched their school hire a two-time national championship-winning coach who then promptly went out and signed the nation's No. 4 recruiting class (and tops in the B1G) in a little under two months and is already leading the charge for the No. 1 class in 2013. And we're in denial?

Ooooooookkkkkkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Ohio State is already well on its way to claiming the top 2013 recruiting class, and this on the heels of the Big Ten's top recruiting class this year.

But if I were you, I wouldn't worry about the Buckeyes just yet. I'd be more concerned with the fact that you're the No. 2 team in your own state in both football and basketball.
    Odd... I only see Ohio St with 4 commits in the Rivals250 for 2013... I'm seeing that many in the top 100 for Michigan, and another 4 before I hit 200... The likelihood that Michigan gets 2-3 more of IL recruits Treadwell/Pocic/Tuley-Tillman/Isaac is pretty high. MD kids Levenberry Jr and Poggi are two more that are very high on Michigan... Jake Butt too. Wouldn't be a shock to see Michigan with 9 of the top 100 committed... Ohio is going to have a tough time topping that.

As for Sparty, wake me up when they're able to recruit in-state again...

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

As for Sparty, wake me up when they're able to recruit in-state again...
    The fact that you can't beat the players they do recruit should be more than enough of a wake-up call for you.

This post should be nominated for the most peculiar response ever.

Denial? OSU fans just watched their school hire a two-time national championship-winning coach who then promptly went out and signed the nation's No. 4 recruiting class (and tops in the B1G) in a little under two months and is already leading the charge for the No. 1 class in 2013. And we're in denial?

Ooooooookkkkkkkkk
    You do realize that your anointed one labeled Michigan DC Greg Matison the best recruiter in college football right? The same guy that had a large part in leading Meyer to 2 national titles? After all, he was the one who got Tebow to commit. How'd Meyer fare without him?

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

How has it felt being a Wolverine the past 10+ years?

Probably not very good.

The fact that you can't beat the players they do recruit should be more than enough of a wake-up call for you.
    I'm going to talk to myself in a bit so that I can have an educated conversation...

State was able to out-recruit Michigan in state for pretty much the duration of RRod. He was too busy trying to lock down leftovers from Florida to focus where he needed to.

He also broke the cardinal rule of Big10 recruiting... He ignored the trenches.

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    How has it felt being a Wolverine the past 10+ years?

Probably not very good.
    Quick back-story... Used to be a Michigan fan on all levels... When the Fab5 banners dropped though, I completely quit following Michigan basketball. I had to start rooting for the home state at that point, IU. I loathe shady programs...

The fact that 10 years later Michigan Football still has its dignity and you're blindly following a corrupt program makes me feel plenty good.

The fact that your answer to reboot the program was to hire a coach who will further run your name through the mud is a nice bow on top...

(feel free to use Google and dig up the amount of player arrests he had while at Florida... It's pretty entertaining.)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

I'm going to talk to myself in a bit so that I can have an educated conversation...

State was able to out-recruit Michigan in state for pretty much the duration of RRod. He was too busy trying to lock down leftovers from Florida to focus where he needed to.

He also broke the cardinal rule of Big10 recruiting... He ignored the trenches.
    Keep telling yourself it was all RR's fault that you couldn't beat OSU or MSU. Pay no attention to the fact that LLLLLoyd Carr didn't break the cardinal rule of B1G recruiting, he was a Michigan man, he did recruit the state of Michigan and he didn't troll for Florida leftovers ... and he STILL couldn't beat OSU this decade.

It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ... It was all RR's fault ...
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 02-19-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Quick back-story... Used to be a Michigan fan on all levels... When the Fab5 banners dropped though, I completely quit following Michigan basketball. I had to start rooting for the home state at that point, IU. I loathe shady programs...

The fact that 10 years later Michigan Football still has its dignity and you're blindly following a corrupt program makes me feel plenty good.

The fact that your answer to reboot the program was to hire a coach who will further run your name through the mud is a nice bow on top...

(feel free to use Google and dig up the amount of player arrests he had while at Florida... It's pretty entertaining.)
    Pot, meet kettle.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010052...lines-7-people

http://www.michigandaily.com/content...otball-program

http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-w...tter-10-2-1947

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ichigan-stonum

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...home-invasion/

Pwned! Looks like it's back to IU for you, unless you're a hypocrite.
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 02-19-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Can't wait for this one: http://www.chatsports.com/ohio-state...t-see-10-5-257

As for the other stuff you posted... Every program is going to have issues... It's the level of the issue that determines whether it's worth reacting to or not... A bit of extra practice? Penalty worthy, but not a lack of institutional control... Like Ohio. 1 idiot of a kid? He's gone now. Hoke handled that one the way it should have been... I believe Urban would have done the same... Your previous regime?

ehhhhh... not really.

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

This is the best thread ever. Imagine the possibilities!

Turn Off Ads?