Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Right.

Next time try not putting words in my mouth.
    What a bunch of sensitive folks...geesh lighten up.

You said that being in the playoffs gives you a chance at winning the Super Bowl. The Bengals are in the playoffs.

Could I not then infer that you are saying that the Bengals have a chance at winning the Super Bowl?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Hey, pal, you're the one who asked the stupid question. They're in. That's all that matters. Who you did or didn't beat in the regular season is irrelevant now.

Anyways, I'm off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    What a bunch of sensitive folks...geesh lighten up.

You said that being in the playoffs gives you a chance at winning the Super Bowl. The Bengals are in the playoffs.

Could I not then infer that you are saying that the Bengals have a chance at winning the Super Bowl?
    Not sure what you were expecting when you came into a thread marked Bengals discussion. Sometimes I think people just like to rattle the cage to get a particular reaction.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Terrible officiating today. Wasn't good in the first game against the Ravens either. What's that about?

I'll take playoffs any day. New season now, nobody knows what will happen. Bengals could lose next week and it'd still be a successful season. Dalton's the first QB not drafted in the 1st round to start all 16 games of their rookie season, and he made the playoffs. What's not to like about that? Combine that with AJ Green, two first round picks upcoming, Mike Brown seemingly becoming more and more sane ... seriously what's not to like?
    Very true. This is the most optimistic I've been since 2005, and only the second time I've been genuinely optimistic in 20 years. If they use their picks right and make a decent move or two to shore up the line, they could be real contenders in the next few years.

I actually think they win next week. They're a better team than Houston without Schaub. If they come prepared and don't shoot themselves in the foot like they did in their first meeting, they should win the game. And anything can happen in New England the following week with that defense.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Not sure what you were expecting when you came into a thread marked Bengals discussion. Sometimes I think people just like to rattle the cage to get a particular reaction.
    That's what I saw as well--pushing buttons. Sorry Dom if you were just "kidding," but aren't you a Steelers fan?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Saturday - 4:30 NBC

Man, I went to the game. Looks like from reading on here the officiating was as bad on TV as it was in real life.

BTW, as far as the game goes, had to listen to most of it on radio. Ray Rice is to the Bengals as Corey Dillon was to the Browns. Just killin' us, was really the only offense they had all day, and turned out to be all they needed.

No one took care of their own business today, so they get in. Turns out the business they took care of was the comeback win at Tennessee, who turns out to be a team with a winning record that the Bengals beat.

Considering the expectations, its a great season.

Can we please get this thread back on track? Coming to this thread on the day the Bengals clinch their third playoff spot in 21 years to tell everyone how mediocre they are is poor taste, IMO.

The Texans is certainly a winnable game esp. if we can make the adjustment to cover the tight end this go round

If there is such a thing as Karma then the Bengals will have all the bad calls go their way next week in Houston. I can remember at least 6 absolutely egregious blown calls that went against the Bengals today in critical situations. If even one or two of those calls had been made correctly this would have been a completely different game.

It seems that nearly every close contest in football comes down to some obviously blown calls. I guess that is one major reason why I prefer baseball.

Yep, that TD drive right before halftime put them in a pretty big hole. The Bengals should have had the ball back with a few minutes left in the half down 10-3. Instead they went to the locker room down 17-3. It would have been a different game otherwise. I'm just glad it wound up not mattering. It does beg the question how can it be that bad ALL against one team. That just shouldn't happen. The only one that went the Bengals direction was the late hit by Ngata. I thought that was a pretty weak call.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The Texans is certainly a winnable game esp. if we can make the adjustment to cover the tight end this go round
    they also have to face Andre Johnson this game.

They mentioned on the radio today, this was the 10th game this season where the Bengals were playing a team ranked in the top 10 in defense in the NFL. All things considered, I'd say Gruden and that offense have had a pretty darn good year.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    They mentioned on the radio today, this was the 10th game this season where the Bengals were playing a team ranked in the top 10 in defense in the NFL. All things considered, I'd say Gruden and that offense have had a pretty darn good year.
    Makes Dalton's year more impressive I think. He didn't get a break very often.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?