Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That organization.... no one is sold on their current QB within the organization, so they cut the back up? Pure genius.
    I'm not sure why they did it unless Orton asked to be released.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Im probably giving them too much credit, but it wouldnt surprise me if this was a strategic move to give chicago a chance to pick up orton, where he has a history, who plays oakland this week and who denver trails by a game. dont know if den has played chicago yet or not?

anyways, orton was done at qb in denver, the tebow experience will finish the year, if that doesnt work they'll go draft someone..

ive watched his last 3 from my new stomping grounds out west, and Palmer looks good. He still has plenty of arm, it looks improved but not the same as 05. he looks sharp though mentally, i think he's showing more leadership as well with the young wr's. Also hue jackson has a much better feel for Carson's game then brat did.

Oakland is legit redszone, they have playmakers at Wr, decent te, 2 RBs id take over Benson, and there offensive line was awesome last week. jared allen had his streak snapped last week and they played him one on one.

if they still had nnamdi they would be a clear top 4-5 team in the nfl imo, as is, i still think they stack up against anyone with in the afc as a darkhorse SB challenger

Palmer has looked much more comfortable the last 2 weeks. he is starting to command the offense, running a healthy dose of hurry up at times and audibling in and out of things. its impressive considering he hasnt been there long

I wouldnt be surprised if people are talking top 10 qb, by years end.

but the bengals got a good haul for him. Really you should be rooting for him to get another 1st, although mb really does like those cost control 2nd rounders, doesnt he?

no need to channel your inner sith lord, And LET THE HATE FLOW bengals fanr.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I think it's far too early to proclaim much of anything. Has he looked "that good" as you put it? He's thrown more interceptions than touchdowns thus far. I'm not suggesting he can't be a good QB, but rather, it's just too early to tell.
    True, but that 1st game kinda skews things.

What a difference a year makes, huh? Think about it. At this time last year, we had to watch our Bengals get pummeled by the Jets. Our Bengals were hopelessly out of it in many ways before the game even kicked off and we now know our QB had his mind on things other than Bengal football. I don't know about you, but I wasn't even looking forward to my team getting to play on Thanksgiving night. I knew we'd get embarrassed on national TV. This yr I'd be psyched if we played the Jets tomorrow night

Carson Palmer had great games just last year for the Bengals. I still need to see more before declaring it a good deal for Oakland. Lot of football left.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I don't think CP's performance is a part of evaluating this deal from the Bengals perspective. He was not going to play for the Bengals, getting two high draft choices and not paying CP's contract for a "striking" player was the win for the Bengals. The Raiders need performance to win the deal from their side.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Might want to get Clements some different cleats. I'm watching this stream and he has fallen twice while covering his guy.

I think this week's games will be the biggest barometer of the last 3. Losing to the Steelers and Ravens is nothing to be ashamed of. The Bengals of old would have come out and laid an egg the following week against Cleveland. Today will help us understand just how different they are.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Not looking like the new Bengals here, looks alot like the old ones so far in letting a below average offense move up and down the field like this and then giving them the ball on back to back plays to close the half resutling in points yet again. If Cleveland was catching 1/2 of what was thrown to them it wouldn't be this close.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Still really missing Dunlap.

17-7 Browns with 7 seconds left in the half.

It was 10-7 but Dalton fumbled giving the Browns a short field with less than a minute left.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Still really missing Joseph.

Turn Off Ads?