Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I waited, waited, waited for the flag. Where's the flag? And the PI was cheesy too. So, thanks to two big calls, this looks like a blowout. Gotta love the old NFL.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2. Turn Off Ads?

How in the hell was that not a block in the back? That was even worse than that pathetic pass interference call. Steelers are one of those teams that always seem to get the benefit of favorable officiating.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I'm not one to complain much about officiating, but that was an easy block in the back call, out in the open for all to see. Dang.

GL

Just way too many mistakes. That block in the back that wasn't called gave em 7 points, but we didn't have anyone else in the area to make the tackle anyway.

The only way we were going to be able to compete in this game is if we got some breaks. Instead just the opposite's happening. My question here is when do we get breaks like obvious clipping not being called? In fact, watch the tape. In the first qtr we got called for a clip on a nice punt return and we barely touched the guy.

We did not play well but if that half was evenly officiated, it'd still be a game now

Need a TD right off the bat to start the 2nd half. The Defense is really missing Sims, Dunlap, and Clements.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

There's a flag about a half hour too late.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

O line has been awful today including Whit.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Steelers stomping the Bengals 35-7

Haha a face mask penalty and he never touched his face. Not that it matters, we're getting whipped everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Haha a face mask penalty and he never touched his face. Not that it matters, we're getting whipped everywhere.
    Then they IMMEDIATELY call a meaningless holding penalty on the Steelers, which was borderline, even though they've been blatantly pulling down our D-linemen all game with no calls (including on one of the TDs).

A heavy dose of reality for Bengals fans. This team is not ready to be seriously considered contenders. In the last 4 weeks, they've lost all 3 games against good teams, and barely squeaked out a victory against a bad one. They still have a lot of things to fix before they can be considered a legit contender. Unfortunately, the person responsible for getting them over the hump has about as much chance of figuring it out at his age as hell freezing over. Ah well, at least this feels right.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I don't really know about reality. Pittsburgh was in the Superbowl last year and appears to be peaking at the right time this year. We're getting beat by a great team.

We're still a good team that is heading in the right direction. I won't take much from this game other than the fact that we weren't ready to play and it wouldn't have mattered if we were.

So yeah, we are gonna have to beat Arizona, St. Louis, and Houston.

That gets us to 10, and then lets hope the Broncos can't post 10. That gets us in.

Exactly. The Steelers and Ravens are possibly the 2 best teams in the AFC, and probably among the top 5 teams in the NFL. All these losses mean is that the Bengals are not that good, but they still have a pretty good chance to be a wildcard team.

And this really is one of the worst called games I've ever seen. It should really be a lot closer. I hardly ever blame the refs, but this is absurd.

Turn Off Ads?