Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

48 ticks left
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What kind of personal foul was it? It meant they didn't have to use a TO and less than 20 seconds ran off the clock before they got the ball back.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Dear God they hung on! Congrats on a winning record.

Pathetic fourth quarter, and MWM is absolutely right -- they checked out thinking they had the game won. That said, if the Jets lose this game, the Bengals will control their destiny. Win and they're in the playoffs. Can't ask for much more.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Giants have gone into Bengal mode and lead the Jets by only 6 now.

This Bengal team cannot play with a lead. Kudos to Gruden for calling a good game, he still called pass plays while we were up. I think the youth on this team just doesn't know how to put a team away.

I feel a lot more comfortable in a close game in the 4th quarter than I do having a big lead going into the 4th.

Either way, any win is a good win.

Safety on Mark Sanchez to give the Giants a 22-14 lead. After a failed onside kick on the free kick, the Giants score a touchdown on the next play. The G-Men lead 29-14 with 2:04 left.

Looks like the Bengals control their destiny next week. Huge.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Yep this sets up a pretty large game in PBS next week. I've had tickets for this game for a while...I'm stoked.

Livings and Benson are turds. Two turds that should be flushed this offseason.

Jets will also have their hands full with Miami in Miami. Hopefully our side takes care of things Sunday at 1pm.

I did find it funny how complimentary Thom was of Benson during the game. I don't think Benson is terrible or anything, sometimes fumbles like that come in bunches. He hadn't lost a fumble all year till today even though he had a few recovered last week. It's something that I hope we're able to get cleaned up because we're gonna need him.

The first fumble by Benson was excusable. The second one, fighting for yards, not both hands on the ball when the most important thing at that point is not yards, but to make them burn their TOs. Inexcusable and should be considered the last straw for his career as a Bengal.

I'm not sure it was "already finished the game mentally," I put it all on Benson's carelessness with the ball when that is the only chance the Cardinals had.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

They scored 3 points in the second half. I think they turned it off.

The Jets play at Miami next week and Miami has been playing some good football. They gave New England all they could handle today. Tennessee plays at Texas next week too. After an ugly loss to Indy, they're going to be playing at home for some momentum going into the playoffs. I'm not sure though if they already have the tie-breaker against TN. Oakland plays San Diego next week and I'm not sure on those tie breakers either.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    They scored 3 points in the second half. I think they turned it off.

The Jets play at Miami next week and Miami has been playing some good football. They gave New England all they could handle today. Tennessee plays at Texas next week too. After an ugly loss to Indy, they're going to be playing at home for some momentum going into the playoffs. I'm not sure though if they already have the tie-breaker against TN. Oakland plays San Diego next week and I'm not sure on those tie breakers either.
    The Bengals beat TN head to head, so we've got the tiebreaker there. Denever beat us head to head, so they've got the tiebreaker there. If the Raiders win next week and the Bengals lose, the Raiders have the better conference record, so they've got the tiebreaker there. In other words... we better win next Sunday.

Ravens will play everyone next week too. They will want that first round bye. I am hoping the Bengals sell this game out, the Jungle needs to come back to life for this team.

Turn Off Ads?