Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Well, let's face it, the 1990's were well deserved too. They were totally inept.
    And was 10-20 years ago. Fans need to think about letting go at some point, and not for the sake of the Bengals, but for their own fan mental health.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Same here, I am thinking of laying down some dollars on it. I'm guaranteeing victory over the hapless 1st place Ravens. They may be the better team against the NFL as a whole but the Bengals are a bad matchup for them. Torrey Inconsistent Smith and a late lucky sack won't be able to save them this time. 24-13 Bengals, Who-Dey! I may even put some dollars down on them in the playoffs, I think they have what it takes. If it wasn't for Andre Johnson getting healthy and my strong appreciation for an underrated T.J. Yates I would without a doubt make a play for the Bengals to make it the Super Bowl. Not that I am super high on this team but the matchups aren't as bad as they seem, the "good" teams in the AFC this year all are beatable. The Texans with a healthy Andre still are the 3rd best team in football IMO.
    Winds to gust to 42 MPH. The football gods must hate the Bengals, this is the one thing we didn't want to happen. This is a serious advantage to the Ravens.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

WHO DEY, BIG GAME, GO BENGALS GO!!!

21-20 on a kick at the gun. (i can hope!)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    And was 10-20 years ago. Fans need to think about letting go at some point, and not for the sake of the Bengals, but for their own fan mental health.
    Sports fans here are bitter and don't let anything go. Some Reds fans are still bitter about the 1994 strike, even though that's ancient history. And UC fans are still bitter over the way Huggins was forced out. The fact that Huggings himself screwed K-State a year later by ditching them doesn't matter to them.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I'm 25, and I'm still waiting for a Bengals Superbowl dammit!

still waiting for a playoff win...

Winds to gust to 42 MPH. The football gods must hate the Bengals, this is the one thing we didn't want to happen. This is a serious advantage to the Ravens.
    The gusts will have an effect on both teams, however I think the Bengals and the West Coast attack they employ will be quicker to adjust to this. Taking away Flacco's deep ball will allow better coverage for Clements and Jones too.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

17-14 bengals. Ravens struggles on the road and bengals will benefit from that. Bengals win with late td from dalton to green.

Playoff bound are the bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Sports fans here are bitter and don't let anything go. Some Reds fans are still bitter about the 1994 strike, even though that's ancient history. And UC fans are still bitter over the way Huggins was forced out. The fact that Huggings himself screwed K-State a year later by ditching them doesn't matter to them.
    Cincinnati fans are no more bitter than anyone else. Bitterness goes away once whatever is causing it is replaced with positive memories. I'm not sure Cincy is all that bitter about the 94 strike anymore, but they still haven't had much to be happy about since, other than the next year.

UC has done nothing since Huggins left, and the Bengals.....well, that's been well documented. They seem bitter because they've had nothing to cheer for in a long time.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    WHO DEY, BIG GAME, GO BENGALS GO!!!

21-20 on a kick at the gun. (i can hope!)
    If I know the Bengals, it will be Shayne Graham kicking a game-winning field goal as time expires to give the Ravens a 21-20 victory and knock Cincinnati out of the playoffs..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Cincinnati fans are no more bitter than anyone else. Bitterness goes away once whatever is causing it is replaced with positive memories. I'm not sure Cincy is all that bitter about the 94 strike anymore, but they still haven't had much to be happy about since, other than the next year.

UC has done nothing since Huggins left, and the Bengals.....well, that's been well documented. They seem bitter because they've had nothing to cheer for in a long time.
    True. I don't think I've seen a fanbase yet that doesn't have a lot of self-righteous, bitter and even often hypocritical fans.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I think the wind will actually help the Bengals. Flacco is inaccurate as it is and may not have Boldin today. The one pass he makes pretty well is the deep ball, but that will be tough with all the wind. Maybe it's just wishful thinking though...

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    True. I don't think I've seen a fanbase yet that doesn't have a lot of self-righteous, bitter and even often hypocritical fans.
    Most sports fans are bitter until they become arrogant.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

The Bengals almost always lose big-games like today's. It'd be so nice if they can reverse the trend for a change. This fan base deserves it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

And the Dolphins take the lead

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

GO DOLPHINS!

Turn Off Ads?