Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Back to the game, 104 yds in the first half ain't going to get it done. Gruden needs to open this thing up a bit. No running game is killing us.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Well gosh, the Bengals beat the Bills, who lost to the Chiefs, who beat the Packers. I guess the Bengals could beat Green Bay lol....
    You really need a win to start the New Year don't ya?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

They lost all three games. They have lost each and every game they have played against a playoff caliber team.

Somebody suggested here they could beat the Patriots. Still think so?
    Yes, they lost all of those games, but they had a chance to win several of them. That tells me that they COULD win such a game. They also beat the Titans, who may wind up in the playoffs.

I never thought they were going to beat the Patriots. But could they? Sure. Anything could happen. The Seattle Seahawks went to the NFC championship a few seasons ago with a losing record.

Raiders got into FG range but the receiver failed to get out of bounds and time ran out. 24-13 Chargers at the half.

Well gosh, the Bengals beat the Bills, who lost to the Chiefs, who beat the Packers. I guess the Bengals could beat Green Bay lol....
    I am always a polite poster, and don't appreciate the baiting you are doing right now. Sorry Dom, not going to bite.

I'm with Dom and, frankly, while this team has made some strides, they have a lot of work to do over the winter.

They had their goal clearly spelled out and, for the first half, they failed.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Skuta's in for Lawson?

Even if they back in, I think we can agree they could beat the Texans.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    You really need a win to start the New Year don't ya?
    Relax. The Bengals will back in, lose next week, and then everybody can give their "We've been to the playoffs three times in the past five years" speech to defend the family business.

I hate to sound like that, but it gets really old, don't ya think? Supporting a crappy product?

Relax. The Bengals will back in, lose next week, and then everybody can give their "We've been to the playoffs three times in the past five years" speech to defend the family business.

I hate to sound like that, but it gets really old, don't ya think? Supporting a crappy product?
    I can't believe I am about to defend Mike Brown's product, but I think a lot of teams would suggest three playoff appearances in five years isn't a crappy product. Only one team wins it all every year.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Even if they back in, I think we can agree they could beat the Texans.
    I don't mean to pick on you, but they lost to the Texans at home. You think they are going to go and win one after putting up three points at home in one of their more important games?

Am I the only one who sees that they beat nobody this year? They are about the 15th best team in the league.

I don't mean to pick on you, but they lost to the Texans at home. You think they are going to go and win one after putting up three points at home in one of their more important games?

Am I the only one who sees that they beat nobody this year? They are about the 15th best team in the league.
    So they are better than half of the league. And they beat 8 teams this year. In the NFL. This isn't college football. You win 9 games in the NFL and you certainly beat someone.

Chiefs muff a punt and Denver falls on it at the 20. They don't get any closer, but they do get the FG. 7-3 Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I can't believe I am about to defend Mike Brown's product, but I think a lot of teams would suggest three playoff appearances in five years isn't a crappy product. Only one team wins it all every year.
    You seem to be mistaking playoff team for quality. If a team plays absolutely nobody, and gets in, are they really any good?

Come on Doug, you are way too smart, my friend.

If you make the playoffs with 9 wins and you beat absolutely no other playoff teams....what does that give you?

Offensive PI? This has gotten comical. These guys need to be investigated.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?