Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    You seem to be mistaking playoff team for quality. If a team plays absolutely nobody, and gets in, are they really any good?

Come on Doug, you are way too smart, my friend.

If you make the playoffs with 9 wins and you beat absolutely no other playoff teams....what does that give you?
    It gives you something 18 other teams sure as hell want that they don't have. A chance.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    No, The Bengals beat Tennessee. They hold the tie breaker.
    Yeah, you're right. I was looking at the tie breaker rules if the Raiders AND Broncos win...in that case Tennessee gets the 6th seed and the Bengals are out. If either Oakland OR Denver loses we get the 6th seed win or lose. Thanks for the correction!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

No defensive pass interference?

This is getting absurd.

Refs have been awful this game. Miss an obvious PI to call illegal formation. Cmon Man.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

If you make the playoffs with 9 wins and you beat absolutely no other playoff teams....what does that give you?
    Is this a serious question?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It gives you something 18 other teams sure as hell want that they don't have. A chance.
    Do you think Pittsburgh fans think they have only a chance? Baltimore? New England?

I don't want a chance, I want to win. We have followed this franchise for years, and it simply is tiring to watch them only make the playoffs when they have an easy schedule.

We have an owner who puts his family in every important position in the front office. Their weight room is half the size of most college facilities, the strength coach doesn't want them to lift weights, they have one scout, the special assistant to the executive vice president is her 16 year old daughter....good God, this isn't an Italian restaurant this is a professional football franchise.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Is this a serious question?
    Look at the scoreboard....is it?

Refs have slowed this game down to a crawl. No flow at all due to constant penalties.

Raiders get a 78 yard pass to Moore, but can't punch it in after and settle for a FG. 24-16 Chargers

Do you think Pittsburgh fans think they have only a chance? Baltimore? New England?

I don't want a chance, I want to win. We have followed this franchise for years, and it simply is tiring to watch them only make the playoffs when they have an easy schedule.

We have an owner who puts his family in every important position in the front office. Their weight room is half the size of most college facilities, the strength coach doesn't want them to lift weights, they have one scout, the special assistant to the executive vice president is her 16 year old daughter....good God, this isn't an Italian restaurant this is a professional football franchise.
    I don't care what other fans think.

This franchise is not run well. But you seem to be confusing that with what is happening on the field. Could they be better? Yes, they probably could be. But you said that it is a crappy product. Well, sure, if you expect them to be the Steelers or Patriots or Packers. But if you compare their product to the entire NFL, then the product, lately at least, has been anything but crappy.

Relax. The Bengals will back in, lose next week, and then everybody can give their "We've been to the playoffs three times in the past five years" speech to defend the family business.

I hate to sound like that, but it gets really old, don't ya think? Supporting a crappy product?
    No one thinks their baby is ugly.

I, for one, don't define myself by how well my football team does. Sure, I'd love it if Brown wasn't the owner, if we had a better head coach, and that the team didn't find such embarrassing ways to lose games when they truly matter. However, I love the city of Cincinnati and will watch whatever team they put on the field. I don't lose sleep over a loss or a bad year. Maybe some fans do and there is some ridiculous with that. If that's the case, you have a point. But they don't need to be playoff bound every year for me to root for them.

Bernard Scott races 25 yards down the left side for the score!

Scott provides something Benson doesn't, speed to the edge. Need to see that more in the third and fourth quarter. Also need to see more UnderWorld commercials in the second half.

Still in this! If they come back and win somehow, will you give any credit to the Bengals? Or....will they just be a team that beat one playoff team?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Also need to see more UnderWorld commercials in the second half.
    This can't be stressed enough.

Turn Off Ads?