Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Have we ever beaten Houston?
    I believe I read that the last playoff win came over Houston. That was the oilers of course.

As the Texans, I'm pretty sure they beat them down in Houston in a game where Artrell Hawkins return an INT 100+ yards for a TD, I think it was/is the longest int return for a TD in Bengals history.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Speaking of 'bad calls,' while there may have been a lot of them against the Bengals (or non calls) I thought the 'missed' PI in the endzone toward the end was a good non-call. I'm tired of DB's constantly getting called for PI's when WR's are just as physical in this league.
    How was that a good no-call? The DB was literally grabbing his jersey and shoulder pads and pulling at Green. That's a penalty in every definition of the rules.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    How was that a good no-call? The DB was literally grabbing his jersey and shoulder pads and pulling at Green. That's a penalty in every definition of the rules.
    I understand the referees mentality to a point. He doesn't want to call a marginal penalty that seriously affects the game. So he wants to be 100% sure if not more. And on any deep jump ball like that, there's always going to be a lot of jockeying back and forth.

But in my mind, by not calling a penalty, you ARE DRAMATICALLY AFFECTING THE GAME because there's no chance at a completion if a receiver is going to get mauled like that.

The best line of the night came from Dennis Jansen, "Hard to believe there's no penalty here as AJ Green gets worked over like a prison snitch."
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Personally I think this guy knows his stuff:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=23

I find it hilarious that I felt the need to mention our tiebreaker edge over Buffalo. HAHA. Needless to say, that didn't come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I believe I read that the last playoff win came over Houston. That was the oilers of course.

As the Texans, I'm pretty sure they beat them down in Houston in a game where Artrell Hawkins return an INT 100+ yards for a TD, I think it was/is the longest int return for a TD in Bengals history.
    Seems like I can remember them absolutely wrecking us every time we play them, at least the past few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    By the way, the Pats are in that boat this year. They didn't beat anyone who ended up with a winning record.
    As it turned out, they only played 2 teams that ended up with a winning record, so that does help explain how a team that doesn't play defense at all ended up with 13 wins.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Pro Football Talk tabbed Mike Brown as NFL Executive of the Year.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

There was alot of brutal calls in this game against the Bengals. So much so I got the feeling someone in black and white was flat out cheating. That said Ray Rice busted 2 long runs that he shouldn't have, 1 I can excuse it happens but not 2. And if not for that we likely win this game.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Pro Football Talk tabbed Mike Brown as NFL Executive of the Year.
    I had to go look up the story to see how firmly planted their tongue was in their cheek, but they actually seem sincere about that pick. I suppose drafting Green and Dalton 1-2 and getting a 1 and a 2 for a "retired" QB is a pretty good job, but it seems so odd to actually praise Mike Brown after so many years of awful leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I had to go look up the story to see how firmly planted their tongue was in their cheek, but they actually seem sincere about that pick. I suppose drafting Green and Dalton 1-2 and getting a 1 and a 2 for a "retired" QB is a pretty good job, but it seems so odd to actually praise Mike Brown after so many years of awful leadership.
    It would be very difficult to find an executive who made a larger positive impact on their team this year, which is what the award is all about. Reguardless of his past, he deserves to win the award IMO. I'm not saying he has changed his ways, or that he doesn't deserve any criticism, just that credit should be given where credit is due. Call it luck, or dumb luck, or whatever you like. The fact of the matter is that the moves made by Mike Brown got the Bengals to the playoffs in a year when everyone was predicting them to fall on their faces.

Even blind squirrels find nuts once in a while. Mike Brown, say hello to your nuts.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Looking over the past six drafts (2006-2011) the Bengals have actually done a good job. Here's the list of players currently with the Bengals.

2006: Andrew Whitworth, Frostee Rucker, Domata Peko
    2007: Leon Hall
    2008: Keith Rivers, Jerome Simpson, Pat Sims, Andre Cadwell, Anthony Collins
    2009: Andre Smith, Rey Maualuga, Michael Johnson, Chase Coffman, Kevin Huber, Benard Scott
    2010: Jermaine Gresham, Carlos Dunlap, Jordan Shipley, Brandon Ghee, Geno Atkins, Roddrick Muckleroy
    2011: AJ Green, Andy Dalton

They also drafted Johnathan Joseph (2006), Matt Toeina (2007), Fui Vakapuna (2009), Clinton McDonald (2010) and Dezmon Briscoe (2010) who are all other NFL teams.

The Bengals killed it in 2010. Wow.

Jay Gruden to Jacksonville?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Jay Gruden to Jacksonville?
    Too soon isn't it?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12