Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Alright guys I realize it's early yet but it's a new year and the Bengals season is over so I want to put in my claim for the Bengals in RZ's 2012 NFL Mock Draft.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ok back to info. John Clayton just said the Rams were trying to get Jay Gruden in for an interview and he passed. Heard earlier Zimmer is really making the rounds and I'm guessing he is #2 in Miami if Fisher doesn't take that job. Come on Fisher take that dang job. I think Jax is looking for an offensive minded guy (Mike Mularkey seems to have an edge there) and TB is really liking Marty Schottenheimer and have Wade Phillips up next for an interview. Oakland will be looking at offensive minded types also and/or someone from GB, OC Philbin (though he has a serious tragedy going on at the moment), Winston Moss and Darren Perry. Now back to Fisher, the Rams are also interviewing Lake Dawson (Titans VP of ops or something) for GM and that could sway Fisher but there are other GM/Coach candidates lined up for after Dawsons visit today. One more thing there were some whispers the Rams may have designs on going back to LA in the next few years which apparently isn't something Fisher likes the idea of.

So that is the whole coaching rundown currently. St. Louis is holding alot of cards here.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 01-10-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Jay Gruden has pulled his name out of all HC positions. He'll be back next year.

Zimmer was interviewed today by Miami, I think. We'll probably know for sure pretty soon. He's earned a chance though, so either way I wish him the best.

Mularky is the new Jags coach, Brian Schottenheimer gone from Jets
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Would our 2 first rounders be enough to get us high enough to draft Trent Richardson?

I really hope Benson is done in Cincinnati.

I would not trade draft picks for Trent Richardson. The kid is good, but he's not THAT much better than other RB options. I can only think of a few RBs who have come out in the past 15 years or so that would be worth that kind of price.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Miller or Polk. You can't go wrong with either.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I would not trade draft picks for Trent Richardson. The kid is good, but he's not THAT much better than other RB options. I can only think of a few RBs who have come out in the past 15 years or so that would be worth that kind of price.
    I agree. Plus, the Bengals are desperate for Cornerbacks. They can get a RB in the 2nd Round or Free Agency.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Against a good LSU D Trent Richardson did not stand out. He had a pretty blah game until he scored a late TD when LSU had pretty much mailed it in. He may be a good pro RB but he isn't the stud to come out that you would give up draft picks for.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Alright guys I realize it's early yet but it's a new year and the Bengals season is over so I want to put in my claim for the Bengals in RZ's 2012 NFL Mock Draft.
    Why you little...
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Against a good LSU D Trent Richardson did not stand out. He had a pretty blah game until he scored a late TD when LSU had pretty much mailed it in. He may be a good pro RB but he isn't the stud to come out that you would give up draft picks for.
    Judging a RB by one game is a really bad way to evaluate a player.

Richardson is going to be a great pro. He's third on Mel Kiper's big board... just wish the Bengals could land him somehow.
    Last edited by WMR; 01-12-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Judging a RB by one game is a really bad way to evaluate a player.

Richardson is going to be a great pro. He's third on Mel Kiper's big board... just wish the Bengals could land him somehow.
    How high was CJ Spiller on his big board?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    How high was CJ Spiller on his big board?
    IDK I bet you could google it.

Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson are the only two guys I can't think of recently that are good enough to warrant a steep draft pick price. I've seen Richardson play a lot and he's really good, but I just don't see him as a rare talent that doesn't come along that often. I thought Reggie Bush was that guy, but that's proven wrong. It's rare that a highly drafted RB winds up being the type of talent you'd give up multiple picks for.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    IDK I bet you could google it.
    Looks like Spiller was not on it but there are some hilarious picks:

1. Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
    2. Eric Berry, S, Tenn
    3. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
    4. Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
    5. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
    6. Taylor Mays, DB, USC
    7. Jevan Snead, QB, Mississippi
    8. Dez Bryant. WR, Oklahoma State
    9. Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
    10. Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
    11. Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
    12. Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse
    13. Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
    14. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
    15. Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
    16. Greg Hardy, DE, Mississippi
    17. Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida
    18. Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
    19. Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
    20. Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
    21. Jahvid Best, RB, California
    22. Damian Williams, WR, USC
    23. Sergio Kindle, LB, Texas
    24. Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
    25. Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Mel-Kipers...aft-Blog-28390
    Taylor Mays at #6 and Colt McCoy at #11. Where's Jevan Snead now? Kudos for Carlos Dunlap. He was worth a top 5 pick

Turn Off Ads?