Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Moving forward this team needs a stud RB, as it is starting to turn cold. Lack of a running game could hurt us as they get into late Nov/Dec.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yeah not sure where all this bad luck talk is coming from. We've had quite a few good breaks this year.

It sucks we lost, but it's hard not to be excited about these guys. Look what we did to their defense without Green.

From NFL rules guru Mike Periera, horsecollar tackles do not apply when QB's are in the pocket. Chalk that up to something I did not know.

Periera also tweets: In Cin/Bal - I would have kept it as a TD.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    If we were the New York Bengals we would have won. Avsolute screwjob
    Doubtful. Unfortunately, the rule was called correctly. If you want to argue that the rule is beyond stupid and doesn't jive with anything else in the game in regards to what is and isn't possession of the football, then go ahead. But for now, this stupid rule is on the books and was called correctly.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Yes, my pessimism will alter the Bengal's season.

Rah rah! Go bENgalz!

I'm being harsh. I'm really glad you're happy. Who am I to try to be a buzzkill with the moral victory celebration.
    I was referring to weaklings like Palmer and Ochocinco, not you.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I got some friends in Buffalo that would disagree with that statement. It sucks and I was pretty mad at those two blown calls but man I am looking forward to the next time these kids play.

Good for you. I do too. It will be interesting to see how they get screwed or screw themselves in their next big game.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Doubtful. Unfortunately, the rule was called correctly. If you want to argue that the rule is beyond stupid and doesn't jive with anything else in the game in regards to what is and isn't possession of the football, then go ahead. But for now, this stupid rule is on the books and was called correctly.

And yet, if it was that cut and dry I'm sure it wouldn't have taken so long to overrule.

I would bet if that scenario was reversed, the call on the field would not have been overruled.

I blame Adam Dunn and Drew Stubbs.

I know Dalton threw some poor passes today, but I feel really good about him at QB. He is resilient and just flat competes.

I hope we somehow find a way to get in the playoffs because this team could make a run at it.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

And yet, if it was that cut and dry I'm sure it wouldn't have taken so long to overrule.

I would bet if that scenario was reversed, the call on the field would not have been overruled.

I want to hear the reasoning for blaming Dunn and Stubbs. I can at least trace back my crazy Pete Rose theory. The Bengals and Reds both sucked for long periods of time before those guys came along. When Pete Rose was voted to be ineligible for the HOF, February 1991, the Bengals were coming off of a winning season and the Reds off of a World Series win. How have things been since for sports in Cincinnati?

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I know Dalton threw some poor passes today, but I feel really good about him at QB. He is resilient and just flat competes.

I hope we somehow find a way to get in the playoffs because this team could make a run at it.
    With our remaining schedule and our competition, I really like our chances of making the playoffs. The Jets are probably are strongest competition and they aren't all that good at the moment. I'd say the AFC North takes 3 teams to the playoffs this year.

I heard it was Bob Boone's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I disagree. The rule was definitely not called correctly. The receiver never lost control of the ball. Even though the ball shifted in his hand for a millisecond several steps after he caught it he never did lose control of the ball. Just an unbelievably bad call by a referee that apparently was ignorant of the rule. It was a clear catch. The fact that it took them 6 minutes in the booth should have made it obvious they did not have the incontrovertible evidence required by rule to overturn the call.

Good for you. I do too. It will be interesting to see how they get screwed or screw themselves in their next big game.
    They're a young team, with several key players out due to injury. I understand the disappointment, but it's hardly anything to lose sleep over. This team is still in position to make the playoffs.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Take a step back and realize what some of you guys are saying. Three months ago we were all fretting about how few wins this team might get this year and how bad they could potentially be.....now there's talk about them making the playoffs. My how things have changed! I don't care if they make the playoffs or not this year (although I'd love it if they got in). I'm just thrilled that they've surprised some folks this year and are doing way better than anyone thought they would with so many inexperienced players on the roster. This team is enjoyable to watch and I'm very excited for the rest of this season as well as for their future.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?