Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Will they Reds offer Ramon Hernandez arbitration? Should they?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and they should

23 35.38%
  • Yes but I wouldn't

6 9.23%
  • No but they should (cheap bastards!)

5 7.69%
  • No way nor should they

31 47.69%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ramon Hernandez Arbitration

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Ramon Hernandez Arbitration

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Am I right that this coming Wednesday night, the 23rd, is the deadline to offer arbitration to Ramon and Coco? That is how I read the calendar.
    At midnight, assuming the mlbtradeumors.com countdown is correct.

2. Turn Off Ads?

It would be absolute lunacy to offer him arbitration.

-The Insider-

So am I reading this correctly that with the new CBA, the Reds do not have to offer arbitration to Hernandez or Cordero and will still receive compensation from the Type-B free agents?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    So am I reading this correctly that with the new CBA, the Reds do not have to offer arbitration to Hernandez or Cordero and will still receive compensation from the Type-B free agents?
    Correct. The odds of us offering arbitration has now dropped to zero. It won't get offered. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Correct. The odds of us offering arbitration has now dropped to zero. It won't get offered. Period.
    I agree. Particularly if the Reds don't want these two. Clearly no reason to offer arbitration.

But what if the Reds still want to negotiate with Cordero or Hernandez?

It would seem that the Reds can continue to negotiate with them, even without offering arbitration. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    It would be absolute lunacy to offer him arbitration.
    I disagree I mean what is the downside to offering Ramon, in their eyes? I think they will take the stance that it wouldn't hurt to have Ramon back for one more season and perhaps if Mes forces their hand trade Ramon at midseason if they aren't in it. I guess money might be the one factor that would keep them from re-signing him but they don't seem to mind paying certain guys and he falls into that category.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Free Agent Arbitration Offer Tracker
    By Tim Dierkes [November 23 at 12:46pm CST]

Please note that in the tracker I have marked Matt Capps, Francisco Cordero, Octavio Dotel, Ramon Hernandez, and Darren Oliver as having received arbitration offers even though they technically will not. As part of the new CBA, MLB and the players association agreed that these five players will change from Type A to B and the clubs will not have to offer arbitration to receive compensation. For the purposes of the tracker, I consider that an automatic arbitration offer, since compensation will still happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I disagree I mean what is the downside to offering Ramon, in their eyes? I think they will take the stance that it wouldn't hurt to have Ramon back for one more season and perhaps if Mes forces their hand trade Ramon at midseason if they aren't in it. I guess money might be the one factor that would keep them from re-signing him but they don't seem to mind paying certain guys and he falls into that category.
    Mes should have already forced their hand. There is zero reason for a budget strapped club to send Mes back to AAA yet again so they can light bundles of money on fire.

I agree. Particularly if the Reds don't want these two. Clearly no reason to offer arbitration.

It would seem that the Reds can continue to negotiate with them, even without offering arbitration. Is that correct?
    Bingo. I don't think they're interested in Ramon to be honest, just the picks (which is why I thought they'd at least offer arbitration before the change to their status). But Cordero...I'd be surprised if they don't try to sign him to a lesser contract of a year or two.

Bingo. I don't think they're interested in Ramon to be honest, just the picks. But Cordero...I'd be surprised if they don't try to sign him to a lesser contract of a year or two.

I'd say: Thank you Francisco Cordero and Ramon Hernandez we've enjoyed a few good times together but it's time to move on. We have made both of you guys very rich men and wish both of you continued professional and financial success. See Ya Later.

Turn Off Ads?