Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BPhil - deal or no deal?

Re: BPhil - deal or no deal?

Relating to the thread title, if Brandon does play Deal or No Deal, I hope he chooses briefcase #8...

Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    Trying to give Brandon more incentive to stay?
    Unless Brandon can convince his brother to literally stop swinging at everything thrown to home plate, it isn't going to matter much because he will get released. Back in 2007, he had 154 strikeouts and 15 walks. In 2008 he did a little better with 125 strikeouts and 24 walks. 2009 wasn't much better. 2011 he had 10 walks and 31 strikeouts, so maybe it's a starter. But he was also 24 and in High A for the third time.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Relating to the thread title, if Brandon does play Deal or No Deal, I hope he chooses briefcase #8...

What the heck happened to that poor womans midsection?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What the heck happened to that poor womans midsection?
    Photoshop of death!
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

My guess is that if Brandon goes PJ goes ala Carson leaving ended Jordan Palmer's career.

A model for a Phillips deal?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

Kendrick 4 years for an average of $8.325 Million per year.

Last Year Rickie Weeks signed for 4 years at an average of $9.625 per year.

If the Reds could go 4 years on Phillips starting with 2012 in the $9 Million or so range with maybe a couple million each year deferred, it might provide enough money in 2012 to address both LF and another arm or two. Phillips is clearly a better defender than either guy, but his offense has been roughly equal to Kendrick's and a step down from Weeks. Phillips is a few years older so, IMO, would need to take something closer to Kendrick than Weeks to get that 4th year. $8.5 to $9 Million or so, would seem to be his market rate. If Phillips wants to keep his $12 Million in 2012, then the next three years would need to be below $8 Million IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    A model for a Phillips deal?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

Kendrick 4 years for an average of $8.325 Million per year.

Last Year Rickie Weeks signed for 4 years at an average of $9.625 per year.

If the Reds could go 4 years on Phillips starting with 2012 in the $9 Million or so range with maybe a couple million each year deferred, it might provide enough money in 2012 to address both LF and another arm or two. Phillips is clearly a better defender than either guy, but his offense has been roughly equal to Kendrick's and a step down from Weeks. Phillips is a few years older so, IMO, would need to take something closer to Kendrick than Weeks to get that 4th year. $8.5 to $9 Million or so, would seem to be his market rate. If Phillips wants to keep his $12 Million in 2012, then the next three years would need to be below $8 Million IMO.
    Sounds right, mth. I know Phillips is a lot more willing to stay in Cincinnati than Votto, but I really don't want Phillips taking Votto's money. Phillips is likely in the decline stage of his career and I would like to have him around, but it is going to depend on the price. If it's Kendrick money, I would be down, but if it's Weeks+ I don't think so.

Turn Off Ads?